Sort Of Worried About Tassee

edie56

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I think shes been sick since yesterday she doesn't want to eat her dry food since yesterday her cry in very soft and it is usually very loud she loves to go after moths I have a feeling one made her sick with the weekend coming up it is a bad time getting sick I tried my vet and they cant see her until Monday she does eat canned cat food do you think she might have a sore throat

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi. Don't know about the sore throat - you think that because she is not wanting to eat dry food, as well as her muted cry? How is she acting otherwise?

It sucks when your pet gets sick at the end of the week. Feeby is notorious for that! If your baby is eating wet food, keep that up over the weekend. If she's acting pretty normal otherwise, and nothing else much changes, you are probably good to go until Monday.

Talk to us throughout the weekend if other issues arise. Or, just to let us know how things are going. I am sure you will soon see some other members come up with some helpful info.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

edie56

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
she ate some dry food last night but she isn't lively like she usually zips from room to room she doesn't clean her self like she usally I know that's not a good sign she really wants a lot of attention which is also not like her yesterday she climbed right into my arms which she rearly does

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi!
I'm sorry to hear your baby isn't feeling good! If you can, maybe brush her - it might help her to feel a little better.

Maybe something here will entice her to eat a little;

Sometimes finger feeding is the only thing that works, either sitting on the floor with her and literally scooping a little food onto your finger, or gently tucking a little bit of food into her cheeks.

Try making this;
tent test for dehydration and home-made pedialyte recipe - The Daily Kitten

Also, try making one of these;
Kitten Glop Recipes - Supplementing Cats and Kittens with nutritious formula you make at home: presented by Bengal Cat breeder Foothill Felines. --This website has a number of kitten glop recipes, with ingredients that you may very well have in your house.

These can be used on their own or combined with food. Also, if you heat the food a little - stir it so there aren't any hot spots from the microwave. Or you could heat some water, about a tablespoon, and add that to canned food. A small glass works to stir it all up.
  • Chicken, beef or ham flavored baby food such as Gerber Stage 2 - make sure there is no garlic or onions in the ingredients
  • Tuna and/or the juice, a low mercury/low/no sodium brand is called SafeCatch
  • Salmon, mackerel
  • Sardines (make sure there are no bones)
  • boiled cut up chicken or turkey with no seasonings
  • canned kitten food any brand - it's usually smelly. See if it's eaten on its own, then maybe mix it in or put on top
  • Try mixing in Kitten Milk Replacer - there are recipes on the internet or store bought
  • Fish, tuna or BBQ flavored canned wet food (I personally have never seen BBQ flavors, but...)
  • Lickable cat treats or pouch treat 'gravy' poured over the food
  • kitten glop (recipes in website link above)
  • Bonito flakes
  • fortiflora
  • fish oil
  • green beans, asparagus mushed up
  • goat milk, or no lactose cow milk
  • whole cooked eggs (the white must always be cooked) or raw egg yolk now and then
  • broth with no salt and no garlic or onion or seasonings of any kind
  • There are also commercial toppers, Applaws is a brand that can work well as a topper
  • Some good treats would be freeze dried Purebites, Orijen, Meowtinis, Meowables
  • There are also Lickimats that you could spread types of soft food onto, even plain unflavored yogurt, and even freeze it. Licking something can help a cat to feel better emotionally The LickiMat - Food Puzzles for Cats
  • shredded cheddar cheese
  • chamomile tea, made from the little bags only, a couple cooled teaspoons a couple times a day can help calm a stressed cat

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Thanks so much for the update - we're keeping our fingers crossed for you and her!