sorry this took so long but FINALLY meet Bruce

catlover1991

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Im not a new kid anymore haha but I know a couple of you have been asking for pictures of our new kitten Bruce.We have had him for a while now and I would have to say as much as we loved Phantom and wanted to give him a home I still really feel bad that my husband was allergic to him because he produced so much dander but Bruce has been a wonderful fit and addition to our family. We have had minimal problems introducing him to Pikachu. In fact they never had to be seperated!! Thank goodness. I know before when I was having the problem with Chu and Phantom and  posted everyone said that all new cats should be introduced slowly but we just thought we would see what would happen if we just let him down and much to our surprise it worked for us!!!!! They have had a few spats but nothing major and when they do end up getting into it with each other we separate them instantly and we keep both of their claws clipped so they cant hurt each other. In fact they are both snug in the bed with me now . We have got some major snow here in Tennessee and they are wrapped up with me in the electric blanket trying to stay warm! I am really tickled with the progress we have had . I love how he is just a breath of fresh air to both us and our other cat. The people we got him from were just giving him away. I am actually pretty thankful we got him. When I first found out about him I spoke with the lady that had him and his mother and I think one of his siblings and she seemed very nice and eager to find him a new loving home. After we met her the next day and brought him home he seems very jumpy and shaky . She called me to make sure that we liked him and then told me that he had never been out of a pet taxi or cage because she had a large dog in the house and he was mean to the cats. I immediately found 2 of our friends who were also looking for cats to take the other two cat/kitten she had. They are all wonderful and sweet cats. Bruce was a little scared at first I suppose because he wasnt used to so much space. The whole first night he was here he hid under the couch. well now its safe to say he has warmed up to my husband and my other cat and me esp ... I supposed its because I am home more than my husband is but he is surly attached to my hip. 

Since I am about to post a pic could you guys also let me know how old you think he is ... The lady told me she thought he was 4 months but I dont believe he is. I mean I know he isnt a little kitten or anything but our Pikachu was a LOT bigger when we got him and we were told he was 4 months. 

y

In the second pic I just thought I would show you who I get to cuddle with today . I mean I know they are not laying together but that is just because Bruce saw me typing and was trying his best to type with me and then found a comfy spot and laid down haha. 

ondine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh I love black kitties!  He is gorgeous.  So glad the intros are going well.  He does look abut four or five months old to me.  It could be he's just going to be a smaller cat than Chu.

Hope he has a long and loved-filled life.

shoshanna

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I agree.  I have two cats and while Sammi is the older one he is longer but less bulky. Mickey weighs almost 2 pounds more than Sammi but is shaped like a football so the difference is all in the body shape.  I think that he does look like he could be in the 4 months area of age.

He is darling and looks to be very affectionate.  I love black kitties too and do not understand why so many people are hesitant to adopt them but they are so sweet natured in my experience.  If I could have another cat where I am it would be a black one.

Thanks for joining us and while you are not really a new member I am so glad you shared about Bruce.  He is wonderful.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catlover1991

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
He could be I suppose its just a whole different experience with Bruce than it was for our other cat but I guess everyone is different but when we got Chu we never had to worry about him chewing on anything!! But this baby loves chewing on cords .. any kind of computer cord or phone cord or tv cord lol . I dont know what we are going to do with him. Does anyone have any suggestions ?

shoshanna

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I had that problem until I wrapped the cords in aluminum foil.  Then he quickly stopped that behavior.  I hope it works or you find a solution that does work for you.  That is very dangerous.  I got that solution from our vet.