Sorry I Spam This Forum.. *spams Again* Opinions Wanted On I And Love And You

Azazel

Time spent with cats is never wasted.
Top Cat
Purraise
Something makes me think these used to have potato in them (which makes me wonder about formula changes) but I could be totally wrong!

And yes, the percentage of calories is definitely a better measure... but I got so stuck on dmb when we had a very sick cat that I just can't seem to switch my poor head over. (Though that's not really a big concern, given that the cats don't get much canned food!)
I think I saw sweet potato in the ingredient list for these ones too, but further down.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

SpecterOhPossum

spec's pet human
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I think I saw sweet potato in the ingredient list for these ones too, but further down.
It doe shave sweet potato! And cranberries... Not sure what to make of that as it's apparently safe for cats to eat those but I just don't see the point. I really like this food because of all the variety and it's sort of bouje-esc presence but I'm seriously noticing that the high costs of some catfoods are attributed to the veggies and fruits used; not the actual meat.

I'm scratching my hair out trying to find a new brand! Argh; catfood makes me angry. I need a brand that comes in variety packs because she wants rotation of flavors and mama doesn't want to rotate brands much; outside of whichever I'm gonna get and sheba wetfood. I'd like 2 or 3 including maybe a kibble for mindless snacking. Not too concerned with high fat or calories I think because spec is hella active compared to regular cats, if that makes sense. It's REALLY hard to keep weight on her in the mannor I'd like (8.4 was good, but she fluctuates to 7.9) because we go on mile long walks up and down our farm (leash walks) twice daily; wherein we chase birds and such (i don't let her catch; we just run after them and I purposely go slow so as to spare her "prey") and has hour long play sessions twice a day; including jogs; backflips and cartwheels over paper balls; climbing walls like a madman, and zoomies; of course. It seems like whenever I get some fat on her it just goes to her muscles and she gets a little closer to being able to punch me square in the nose. :crackup:Which she has! Had a nosebleed from a kick as well. She also (PURPOSELY, i think - the timing was UNREAL) dropped a katana off our wall' plunging it to the tile below about an inch from her brothers face. Dunno why I included that, but she's pretty wicked! She also tried to take his throat out. Which is why she's an only-cat nowadays.

ANYWAYS! I don't remember where I was going with this. Catfood is annoying! And spec is a zooped up racecar. Yeah. These brands are making my brain fart out nonsense.

NO I GOT IT! Thoughts on https://www.chewy.com/tiki-cat-after-dark-chicken-canned/dp/141402 ??? Way less fillers, but I dunno. I can't find where it lists if it isn't or is AAFCO adequate, though the main food I think lists that? :ohwell:

I also found this: https://www.chewy.com/redbarn-naturals-lamb-pate-skin-coat/dp/120647 which I'm interested in

Last edited:

Azazel

Time spent with cats is never wasted.
Top Cat
Purraise
It doe shave sweet potato! And cranberries... Not sure what to make of that as it's apparently safe for cats to eat those but I just don't see the point. I really like this food because of all the variety and it's sort of bouje-esc presence but I'm seriously noticing that the high costs of some catfoods are attributed to the veggies and fruits used; not the actual meat.

I'm scratching my hair out trying to find a new brand! Argh; catfood makes me angry. I need a brand that comes in variety packs because she wants rotation of flavors and mama doesn't want to rotate brands much; outside of whichever I'm gonna get and sheba wetfood. I'd like 2 or 3 including maybe a kibble for mindless snacking. Not too concerned with high fat or calories I think because spec is hella active compared to regular cats, if that makes sense. It's REALLY hard to keep weight on her in the mannor I'd like (8.4 was good, but she fluctuates to 7.9) because we go on mile long walks up and down our farm (leash walks) twice daily; wherein we chase birds and such (i don't let her catch; we just run after them and I purposely go slow so as to spare her "prey") and has hour long play sessions twice a day; including jogs; backflips and cartwheels over paper balls; climbing walls like a madman, and zoomies; of course. It seems like whenever I get some fat on her it just goes to her muscles and she gets a little closer to being able to punch me square in the nose. :crackup:Which she has! Had a nosebleed from a kick as well. She also (PURPOSELY, i think - the timing was UNREAL) dropped a katana off our wall' plunging it to the tile below about an inch from her brothers face. Dunno why I included that, but she's pretty wicked! She also tried to take his throat out. Which is why she's an only-cat nowadays.

ANYWAYS! I don't remember where I was going with this. Catfood is annoying! And spec is a zooped up racecar. Yeah. These brands are making my brain fart out nonsense.

NO I GOT IT! Thoughts on https://www.chewy.com/tiki-cat-after-dark-chicken-canned/dp/141402 ??? Way less fillers, but I dunno. I can't find where it lists if it isn't or is AAFCO adequate, though the main food I think lists that? :ohwell:

I also found this: https://www.chewy.com/redbarn-naturals-lamb-pate-skin-coat/dp/120647 which I'm interested in
There is no perfect commercial cat food. The only one that ever came close in my opinion was Rad Cat. If you choose to feed commercial food you unfortunately have to accept that there is something to be disliked about every kind of food. It’s pretty much a game of picking between the lesser of evils. Tiki Cat is a fine brand, it’s similar to Weruva but more expensive. I would just rotate between different brands if I were you rather than different flavors within one brand. That way your cat isn’t getting too much of one thing and is getting a diversity of nutrients.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
There is no perfect commercial cat food. The only one that ever came close in my opinion was Rad Cat. If you choose to feed commercial food you unfortunately have to accept that there is something to be disliked about every kind of food. It’s pretty much a game of picking between the lesser of evils. Tiki Cat is a fine brand, it’s similar to Weruva but more expensive. I would just rotate between different brands if I were you rather than different flavors within one brand. That way your cat isn’t getting too much of one thing and is getting a diversity of nutrients.
I agree about Rad Cat. My cats loved it. I hope it comes back.

Mine don't like Tiki Cat or Weruva anymore. I don't know why. They used to love the shredded chicken options. They don't like the Dr Elsey's canned either which is a good option for a pate lover. I with they would make other varieties.

lisahe

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, there's definitely sweet potato... it's regular potato that I seem to recall, albeit perhaps in error! (So many cat foods, so many potatoes!)

And it's so true about no perfect commercial foods. But Rad Cat was the closest to perfect. The cats and I still miss it!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

SpecterOhPossum

spec's pet human
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Never heard of radcat, google says the people in charge screwed up the
I really don't... :( that's why I feed homemade raw. I think when I did the Rawz calculations last it was extremely high in fat.

I do sometimes give the cats Feline Natural when we are at work. I like the ingredients, but if you're only doing commercial food I think it's too high in fat. As you say, usually foods with quality ingredients are higher in fat to make up the cost. The only reason I feel okay about feeding canned food high in fat is because my homemade food is very high in protein and low in fat, so I feel like it balances out my cats' diets well.

I guess my advice to anyone doing commercial canned is to just rotate between higher quality foods that are high in fat and lower quality ingredients that are high in protein. Maybe a mix between something like Feline Natural (high in fat) and Weruva (high in protein)?
Sorry to bump again, but there are many types of weruva out there! Are you talking about the cats in the kitchen line ? https://www.chewy.com/weruva-cats-in-kitchen-variety-pack/dp/143139 I think I'm going to do maybe I And Love And You and maybe weruva or tiki cat, but you said tiki cat is similar but pricier so I wanted to know which weruva you'd recommend.