Sorry for your loss!! Can u please help with paw print question?

m935

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Im sorry to all who have lost their friends. I lost my best friend last tuesday. Tigger was here everyday for 17 years and i can burst into tears at any second.
But right now.. Im concerned with paw print. Why is bottom separated. I thought it was one section. I know i rubbed his paws 100x. This is worrying me.. Was it him??? Thank you

Attachments

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, it could be. The bottom pad is made up of fatty tissue, which if pressed lightly would only imprint the bulging fatty part, not the whole pad. If you look at your own hand, you'll see a 'cup' or indent in the middle of your palm, that would not print if your hand was pressed lightly to a flat surface.
I'm so sorry for your pain, when you feel you are ready please come back here to our Crossing the Bridge Forum and leave a tribute to your little one. Please tell us about his life and what he meant to you. I lost my own during December and know how crushing this can be during a time that is supposed to be happy. my condolences to you.....RIP sweet Tigger.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

m935

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Yes, it could be. The bottom pad is made up of fatty tissue, which if pressed lightly would only imprint the bulging fatty part, not the whole pad. If you look at your own hand, you'll see a 'cup' or indent in the middle of your palm, that would not print if your hand was pressed lightly to a flat surface.
I'm so sorry for your pain, when you feel you are ready please come back here to our Crossing the Bridge Forum and leave a tribute to your little one. Please tell us about his life and what he meant to you. I lost my own during December and know how crushing this can be during a time that is supposed to be happy. my condolences to you.....RIP sweet Tigger.
Thank. you and im sorry you too know this pain. Im not decorating this year!

I have anxiety abd distrust in people abd when i saw this odd print... It was upsetting but i knew i could come here for help abd comfort.
I took him to er vet for a enema abd came home without him. He was very sick.. But i still thought i had time with him. Vet and i were discussing he may have cancer but were planning meds etc even he was called by tech. Tigger couldn't breathe.. An xray done abd i was called inside to see him one last time. Im grateful for that.. But i sat in car with him for 20 minutes playing a damn phone game.. Assuming we were going home after vet visit. I am mad at myself for not spending tgat time with him. It sickens me actually. But... I know i was still blessed to see him alive if only for a few minutes.
I picked up his ashes yesterday and had a memorial for him.. Just me and him.
Thank you. Sorry i don't know if im supposed to post that elsewhere. I just started typing.. :)

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No, you were perfectly right to come here, it was the appropriate forum for your question. If it helps, there will ALWAYS be guilt about something we were supposed to do or not do, it is a part of grieving. It is because none of us are perfect, and we cannot see into the future to choose our paths. It's not until after, and we finally get to breathe and go over the past events, we pick out everything we should have done. It happens every time. You were indeed blessed to have those last few minutes with him, so many of us don't, I'm sure your presence comforted him. He is at peace because he carries your love within him.....

m935

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
No, you were perfectly right to come here, it was the appropriate forum for your question. If it helps, there will ALWAYS be guilt about something we were supposed to do or not do, it is a part of grieving. It is because none of us are perfect, and we cannot see into the future to choose our paths. It's not until after, and we finally get to breathe and go over the past events, we pick out everything we should have done. It happens every time. You were indeed blessed to have those last few minutes with him, so many of us don't, I'm sure your presence comforted him. He is at peace because he carries your love within him.....
thankyou. I meant to be sensitive towards those who didn't see their cat beforehand. Plus this is a tough time when so many people are sick and dying. I feel i have to be less upset because of that as well. Or grateful maybe?
Anyway if i can say this... Bringing him home was very difficult. But i still have a 2nd issue to deal with... Cleaning his area. The water dish. I have another cat so ive been cleaning the litter... But i have to empty abd clean and i have to vaccum. This is all difficult as im now permanently erasing him from the home. I can't see any fur... But i know its there abd after a week even.. I can't bring myself to even start. I know i need to do it in steps ... It still means im starting the process to erase what he was. His ashes are here... But the living part of him will be gone forever once i do the things that have to be done.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I went through exactly the same thing, it was like I was erasing her out of my life. There is no hurry, do not rush into something that you will regret later. What I ended up doing was putting everything that was hers, her water bowl, her special blanket, even any hairs I found, into a small box and keeping it until I was strong enough to deal with it. Well, 8 years later I still have it and it means everything to me, a physical part of her still with me.
Do not feel guilty about grieving when so many humans are dying, he was a part of your life, a part of your soul and you loved him. He shared his love and his life with you and for some that goes deeper than any human bond. I have been through many deaths and my little girl's hit me harder than any other.
Grieving is an ongoing process, you never get over it, you get through it. One day your memories can bring you comfort when you get to that point, instead of longing and pain. Right now just get through each day the best you can, you should let your heart be distracted with caring and comforting your other little one, they are hurting too, and the daily routine of living. Do not let your boy's death become more important than his life. His life brought you so much happiness and joy, his love will always be a part of your soul, it is spiritual, so eternal. In the coming years you will add on to his love, never replace it because that can never be. Allowing it to grow and become even more. Like a mother with several children, you can love each and every one that enters your life, every one of them unique and special. Live your life going forward as you would want him to live if you were the first to go. You know he would never want to bring such pain to the one he loves so much.
My heart goes out to you, I will keep you all in my thoughts and prayers. May the good Lord bless and keep sweet Tigger, until you meet again!

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I find that not knowing the end is coming until it comes is somewhat of a comfort to me. I prefer to think that I will be bringing them home after the vet instead of sitting around knowing that I won't. We lost two cats within months of each other. One we sort of saw coming and the other we were blindsided. I was with both when the end came and I am thankful they weren't alone. It took me several pets to finally reach the point of staying with them when they were getting put to sleep. It's still tough though.

Everyone grieves in their own way but it does get better. Your heart will heal. I am so thankful that two kittens dropped into our laps about two weeks after the last cat passed. Didn't think we wanted them but in the end, we all truly needed them in our lives. I hope your heart finds peace with your decision and you stop playing the "what if" game. It's painful but you have to know that you did what you felt was right when you knew about it.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Rest you gentle, Tigger, dream you deep. You walk in someone's heart forever.

Seventeen years he was by your side, of course you will grieve for him. He was a part of you. And while he had a lovely, long life, where there is love, an eternity is not long enough. di and bob di and bob gave you wonderful advice, especially about tucking his things into a box until you are ready to deal with them. If that time never comes, so be it. I had my doggy sister's belongings for over 25 years until a house fire made the decision for me. If not for that, I would almost certainly have them still.

Try to let go of the guilt about playing a game on your phone. He certainly would not want you to torment yourself with that. What he knows, in That Place Where All Things Are Known, is that for seventeen years he lived, breathed and had his being in your love, and while your eyes were on your phone, your love still surrounded him. Every single moment. And he blesses you.

m935

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Rest you gentle, Tigger, dream you deep. You walk in someone's heart forever.

Seventeen years he was by your side, of course you will grieve for him. He was a part of you. And while he had a lovely, long life, where there is love, an eternity is not long enough. di and bob di and bob gave you wonderful advice, especially about tucking his things into a box until you are ready to deal with them. If that time never comes, so be it. I had my doggy sister's belongings for over 25 years until a house fire made the decision for me. If not for that, I would almost certainly have them still.

Try to let go of the guilt about playing a game on your phone. He certainly would not want you to torment yourself with that. What he knows, in That Place Where All Things Are Known, is that for seventeen years he lived, breathed and had his being in your love, and while your eyes were on your phone, your love still surrounded him. Every single moment. And he blesses you.
Aww. Thank you!! I'm sorry you lost your dog's things. I dont actually have any thing of his that he didnt share with other cat. What i meant was just cleaning up his water dishes - with water that he drank from (I covered it so my other cat doesnt drink from it - I have fountain elsewhere. ) And cleaning the litter box... with probably some crusted pee that's his for sure. Pretty gross stuff im referring to. It must be cleaned... and soon. But its THIS stuff that i find so hard. because that I CAN"T keep. so.. thats whats so upsetting and difficult. Same with vacuuming.. its what i cant see - but know is in the carpet (him everywhere) that will be gone forever.

m935

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I find that not knowing the end is coming until it comes is somewhat of a comfort to me. I prefer to think that I will be bringing them home after the vet instead of sitting around knowing that I won't. We lost two cats within months of each other. One we sort of saw coming and the other we were blindsided. I was with both when the end came and I am thankful they weren't alone. It took me several pets to finally reach the point of staying with them when they were getting put to sleep. It's still tough though.

Everyone grieves in their own way but it does get better. Your heart will heal. I am so thankful that two kittens dropped into our laps about two weeks after the last cat passed. Didn't think we wanted them but in the end, we all truly needed them in our lives. I hope your heart finds peace with your decision and you stop playing the "what if" game. It's painful but you have to know that you did what you felt was right when you knew about it.
THANK YOU!!! That helped. Sorry for your loss.

m935

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I went through exactly the same thing, it was like I was erasing her out of my life. There is no hurry, do not rush into something that you will regret later. What I ended up doing was putting everything that was hers, her water bowl, her special blanket, even any hairs I found, into a small box and keeping it until I was strong enough to deal with it. Well, 8 years later I still have it and it means everything to me, a physical part of her still with me.
Do not feel guilty about grieving when so many humans are dying, he was a part of your life, a part of your soul and you loved him. He shared his love and his life with you and for some that goes deeper than any human bond. I have been through many deaths and my little girl's hit me harder than any other.
Grieving is an ongoing process, you never get over it, you get through it. One day your memories can bring you comfort when you get to that point, instead of longing and pain. Right now just get through each day the best you can, you should let your heart be distracted with caring and comforting your other little one, they are hurting too, and the daily routine of living. Do not let your boy's death become more important than his life. His life brought you so much happiness and joy, his love will always be a part of your soul, it is spiritual, so eternal. In the coming years you will add on to his love, never replace it because that can never be. Allowing it to grow and become even more. Like a mother with several children, you can love each and every one that enters your life, every one of them unique and special. Live your life going forward as you would want him to live if you were the first to go. You know he would never want to bring such pain to the one he loves so much.
My heart goes out to you, I will keep you all in my thoughts and prayers. May the good Lord bless and keep sweet Tigger, until you meet again!
Thank you so much for all your time and very kind words. It is very helpful. Ive used this site many times. I take care of ferals as well and their deaths have been very painful (3 were killed by my neighbor 2 years ago) and so its pure outrage along with pain that I still feel. I miss them terribly. Now with Tigger.. maybe I dont think of them like I did because he really was the king of all. It gets to be too much.. the loss. But yes, I have to think of the positive times. I just downloaded many pictures i took of Tigger over hte last few weeks. I even have one of my cat Boo looking at Tigger in his carrier (for what i didnt know was the last time). I can not look at any of these pictures. It will be a long time (my dog was maybe almost 2 years). So i know i have to wait because now would be pure torture. Did i say he would put his head on my shoulder every single time i held him? He was so sweet and soft. I do pray we all meet our loved ones again.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It took me years also before I could bear to look at pictures. I burst into tears at the thought of her for a long time. I just want you to know you are a good person with a big heart to hurt like this, you are not alone. You cannot hurry the grieving process it takes as long as it takes. It takes a long time to heal enough to live fully again, I'll keep all your little ones in my prayers, and a special prayer for you. Bless you for living so much to hurt so bad.....

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It just looks to me like the paw wasn't pressed very hard onto the paper, it looks like a normal gentle paw print. At rest, a cat's paw often has a little crease across the pad like that. It is something that a lot of vets and pet funeral services/crematoria do and it only takes a couple of minutes, so it is unlikely that they would make a forgery of such a thing or try to deceive.

I am very sorry to hear that it has caused you doubt and distress. When I received my Radar's paw print in a sympathy card from the vet (which I was not expecting), although I burst into tears it gave me a lot of comfort and I will cherish it forever. I haven't coped well with his death.

I spoke to my dad on the phone earlier and he wanted to know if I had any photos of Radar that I wanted printing out and sending to me (I don't have a printer) and even though it is 11 months since Radar passed I still completely blubbed and started crying on the phone trying to tell my dad that yes I did want pictures but it still hurt to go looking for the photos I wanted prints of.

Last edited:

m935

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
It just looks to me like the paw wasn't pressed very hard onto the paper, it looks like a normal gentle paw print. At rest, a cat's paw often has a little crease across the pad like that. It is something that a lot of vets and pet funeral services/crematoria do and it only takes a couple of minutes, so it is unlikely that they would make a forgery of such a thing or try to deceive.

I am very sorry to hear that it has caused you doubt and distress. When I received my Radar's paw print in a sympathy card from the vet (which I was not expecting), although I burst into tears it gave me a lot of comfort and I will cherish it forever. I haven't coped well with his death.

I spoke to my dad on the phone earlier and he wanted to know if I had any photos of Radar that I wanted printing out and sending to me (I don't have a printer) and even though it is 11 months since Radar passed I still completely blubbed and started crying on the phone trying to tell my dad that yes I did want pictures but it still hurt to go looking for the photos I wanted prints of.
First... Thank you so much for answering my question when you too are still in pain. That knowledge does bring me peace. Im not sure what i thought in terms of whose paw print it could be. I just wss surprised to see it like that. I can only imagine how emotional it was to see Radar's print not being prepared. I really feel for you.
I thought of getting sonething with tiggers picture.. And i will but right now... Im not ready to look at pictures.
Thanks again!!! Very kind of you to help.