Sore On Cats Ear

Hana28

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi! I'm new here. My cat Krusty is about 15 years old and we noticed he has a red sore on his ear and a small one above his eye. We were thinking our other cat, Fluffy, scratched him when wrestling and Krusty keeps reopening it but we aren't sure. It doesn't seem to bother him but I'm wondering if there's something i should put on it or anything else that it could be that I should be worried about? I have attached a picture. Thanks for the help!

Attachments

FreedomKitty17

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
In my personal experience and opinion, one of my cats got sores on his ears, and I found out it was a type of worm, ringworm. I treated it easily with neosporin when it was bleeding, and athletes foot cream or coconut oil when it wasn't bleeding. (though coconut oil is controversial on wether it works or not, it has always worked for my pets. All pets are different though, so what works for mine may not work for yours). If you aren't sure, or know that it's just a scratch, sterilize it with peroxide, like you'd do for yourself, and put neosporin on it. Of course, these are only suggestions and if you aren't sure, call your vet. No advice or experience can be better than a visit to your vet in case it is serious. :) hope this helps!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Hana28

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks.. after doing some googling I thought it might be ringworm too. I'll try some of your suggestions of things to use on it it. He is wayy overdue for a trip to the vet so that may be in his future too.

FreedomKitty17

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks.. after doing some googling I thought it might be ringworm too. I'll try some of your suggestions of things to use on it it. He is wayy overdue for a trip to the vet so that may be in his future too.
Okay. Let me know how it goes :)