Sore kitty or just grumpy?

nwengel

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My parent’s cat Cammi is a mostly sweet-tempered tortie. She has always been extremely vocal and it’s pretty easy to tell when she’s happy to see you, wants breakfast, or is just plain grumpy.

The past year or so (she’s 10) she has been getting the “I’m pissed” voice more often if you do something like move her off your lap. She doesn’t hunt as much (she’s an indoor / outdoor) and she didn’t slim down this summer like usual but retained her winter weight.

I’m wondering if she could possibly be sore or have arthritis at 10? She’s always been very healthy and active, but I’ve noticed she doesn’t like to jump up on kitchen stools anymore, and my dad built her a ramp to the platform where her food is kept.

Does it warrant a trip to the vet?

Cammi (right) meeting my new kitten Phoebe for the first time. They both did beautifully, although by the end Cammi was sighing so I knew she’d had enough.
D10068A3-8E5E-4BA5-B151-B7EAEF1BA519.jpeg

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
They are both beautiful cats....and, yes, at 10 Cammi needs to have a geriatric exam and blood work regardless of any other symptoms. When you are there, the vet can evaluate for the seeming stiffness and less active behavior.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

nwengel

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
They are both beautiful cats....and, yes, at 10 Cammi needs to have a geriatric exam and blood work regardless of any other symptoms. When you are there, the vet can evaluate for the seeming stiffness and less active behavior.
Thank you! I will make sure she gets in.