Sona's Babies Are A Week Old Today!

KittyRoyale

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Some my cat Sona was able to find and relate with a male cat.
Turns out I can't tell what breed she may have crossed with. Now I have three amazing beautiful kittens that just opened there eyes last night.
The uniqueness of there body got me wondering what breed they are

They kittens are more fury than the mother (when mom was their age of course)
IMG_20190505_081655-2080x1560.jpg

Feeding from mom.
They are striped like a zebra
And their stripes didn't occur on their fur but their skin. Unlike mommy who is white on her skin with patches on her fur
IMG_20190505_081946-1560x2080.jpg
IMG_20190505_081903-2080x1560.jpg

This is thier aunt, that how she always climb up on higher ground and look at them from there all day Very funny. I think she is confused about where they came from
My new kittens also have shotter tail two are twisted and curled like that of a pig the third is short and bent forward under her legs
IMG_20190505_081550-2080x1560.jpg
IMG_20190505_081828-2080x1560.jpg

Their ears are bending forward, facing directly in front
And apart from the one that is patched like mommy with a golden brown, the other striped one actually has a white or light brown fur over their zebra striped skin
IMG_20190505_081946-1560x2080.jpg
I've never seen a cat that has her stripes and patches on her skin instead
IMG_20190505_081419-1560x2080.jpg

That's how the ear is bent forward and the stripes are really on the skin
And they are double the size of their mom and aunt when they where a week old and can already walk all over the bed
IMG_20190505_081324-2080x1560.jpg

So what do you think I got?
Plus I posted a picture of one of them on a social handle and some one is bidding me $450 to sell ( which is pretty tempting)
Sona ( the mom) and her sister a cross breed of an Egyptian mau and a very pure white visitor that I never got to find the owner.
If I'm gonna sell or keep all of them (as I'm not prettey sure If i can afford to care for Five cats now) at least I'll like have an idea what breed or cross they are.
So what do you think?

Attachments

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
These kittens appear to be tabby and white kittens with fever coat. Generally, fever coat fades as the kittens grow. The ears appear normal for kittens of their age.

I am not sure why you are saying that Sonar and Gifa are a cross with Egyptian Mau? In your original posts about them, you said you got them as kittens from a family that had been in a car accident and you didn't know anything about their breed. And in a different post you said that both of their parents were pure white. Most cats are not any particular breed.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

KittyRoyale

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
These kittens appear to be tabby and white kittens with fever coat. Generally, fever coat fades as the kittens grow. The ears appear normal for kittens of their age.

I am not sure why you are saying that Sonar and Gifa are a cross with Egyptian Mau? In your original posts about them, you said you got them as kittens from a family that had been in a car accident and you didn't know anything about their breed. And in a different post you said that both of their parents were pure white. Most cats are not any particular breed.
That's great to know, found the previous owners on Facebook when I was looking to get them spayed. They where the one that told me the kittens are crossed. It's my First time with new born's ( which is thrilling) from what I've seen in the new borns I was already doubting any particular Egyptian Mau decent even though the adults shared simpler character.
I was really wondering if there's anything too special why anyone would want to price a kitten that high. ( I didn't want to be like the guys from the movie "Honeymooners") Thank you soo much!

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Be wary, though offering money USUALLY means good intentions.
Having the fever coat (mom had a fever while carrying them) means their coats will change as they get older, darken. Ears are normal for that age, tehy will change too.The actual breed is a moot point since they are not purebreds and don't have papers, but they would be known as DMH grey tabby, or domestic medium haired grey tabby. Tabby means stripes. One more interesting thing is that tabbies have a 'M' on their foreheads, right between and a little above their eyes. Curled tails would be a genetic fault, or they could ahve a little manx in them that would affect the formation of the tails. Beautiful kittens, beautiful family!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

KittyRoyale

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Be wary, though offering money USUALLY means good intentions.
Having the fever coat (mom had a fever while carrying them) means their coats will change as they get older, darken. Ears are normal for that age, tehy will change too.The actual breed is a moot point since they are not purebreds and don't have papers, but they would be known as DMH grey tabby, or domestic medium haired grey tabby. Tabby means stripes. One more interesting thing is that tabbies have a 'M' on their foreheads, right between and a little above their eyes. Curled tails would be a genetic fault, or they could ahve a little manx in them that would affect the formation of the tails. Beautiful kittens, beautiful family!
Cool! I can totally see the "M"!
Thank you! Great to know its tabby
By the way how long before mommy starts to go out. She been on the bed since delivery only getting up to eat, drink and poop.
She is eating like a lion too almost thrice her normal apetite. Is this normal? Should I keep yielding to her cry and pleas for food?

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I wouldn't let her outside until kittens are old enough to eat on their own, just in case. Normal to stay with kittens. Yes, nursing takes a LOT out of mama cats. They need lots of extra food and nutrition. I fed mine kitten food, it had extra calories and nutrition. Feed her all she wants, it is almost impossible while nursing to feed them too much!!

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Your girls can get pregnant at any time, even within a week of delivery, so they really need to be kept inside until they are spayed.

Are you able to call the clinic and make arrangements? Sona should be spayed in two months. Your other cat can go in at any time.

Kittens should stay with mom until they are 10-12 weeks old, and ideally spayed and neutered before they go to new homes.

Yes, you should feed as much as she wants. She should have unlimited access to dry food and meals of wet food.

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes please get her spayed, do NOT let her or any intact females outside until they are spayed. Have the mother checked out by a vet too before rehoming the kittens and have them all FIV/FeLV tested in case the male she mated with was positive for any of those diseases. That is a huge risk to let intact out to roam and mate. You have no idea the health of the mate.

Spay and neuter those kittens too before rehoming them, whether you sell them for $10 or for $450.