Somewhere over the rainbow

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
On the top line of the box that says 'Write your reply,' there is a smiley face, hit that and the emojis will pop up.
FIP is so heartbreaking. There is little to be done, for now, though research is showing some promising results. I went through distemper with my outside cats/kittens. it was one of the saddest experiences I've had. Standing by, doing all you can, vet visits, them doing all they can, and then feeling so helpless and destroyed when they died one by one. I'll never forget them.....
Try to take comfort from the fact that Puk was in your life for a reason. He needed you badly at this time and you were there for him. He needed your love and care and you gave it freely to him. No, it's not fair, why all this suffering? Nothing in our life is guaranteed, nothing is for certain. But your love for that boy is real, so is your grief. The bond of love will bind your souls together for eternity. He will forever be as close as your thoughts and prayers. It was meant for you to be here to remember and mourn for that sweet boy. That is a great honor and a testament to your love.
My heart breaks for your pain, I know it too well. I pray one day a cure will be found, and I'm confident it will be, someday, somewhere, and it will put to rest the suffering and the tears that go with such a horrible disease. My thoughts and prayers are with you both.....RIP sweet Puk. You will be dearly missed, you will forever have a secure place in a loving heart. my the good Lord bless and keep you, until you meet again.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catlady76paws

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
On the top line of the box that says 'Write your reply,' there is a smiley face, hit that and the emojis will pop up.
FIP is so heartbreaking. There is little to be done, for now, though research is showing some promising results. I went through distemper with my outside cats/kittens. it was one of the saddest experiences I've had. Standing by, doing all you can, vet visits, them doing all they can, and then feeling so helpless and destroyed when they died one by one. I'll never forget them.....
Try to take comfort from the fact that Puk was in your life for a reason. He needed you badly at this time and you were there for him. He needed your love and care and you gave it freely to him. No, it's not fair, why all this suffering? Nothing in our life is guaranteed, nothing is for certain. But your love for that boy is real, so is your grief. The bond of love will bind your souls together for eternity. He will forever be as close as your thoughts and prayers. It was meant for you to be here to remember and mourn for that sweet boy. That is a great honor and a testament to your love.
My heart breaks for your pain, I know it too well. I pray one day a cure will be found, and I'm confident it will be, someday, somewhere, and it will put to rest the suffering and the tears that go with such a horrible disease. My thoughts and prayers are with you both.....RIP sweet Puk. You will be dearly missed, you will forever have a secure place in a loving heart. my the good Lord bless and keep you, until you meet again.
You're words are always so comforting and they hit home so true.

When Puk came to me he was part of an TNR job. Sweet from the get go but sickly.
Puk (2).jpg

The farmer told me to put him down if that was easier, no need for extra costs but I wouldn't hear any of that and I treated him, nursed him back to health, loved some more on him, moved him into the house with his brother and they enjoyed their life here.

When he got sick a few weeks ago I would hold him and tell him what a good boy he was and that I wished for him to eat and he would....

I miss him....

I made sure his brother, Dolf², got to say his goodbye and he's doing ok. He's part of a 3 musketeer thing now with Freddy and Kumal...

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Rest you gentle, Puk, dream you deep. You walk in someone's heart forever.

What a wonderful gift you gave Puk, a life filled with home and love and joy! And I know he returned that love full measure. The deepest truth I know is that love does not die, it only changes form and continues on, still Love. Puk's love for you, now translated and purified into Love, is with you still. Because Love abide. Always, forever, Love abides.

Tik cat's mum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry for your loss. Thank you for loving and caring for Puk. I'm sure your boy loved you right back for giving him his forever home. RIP sweet boy :rbheart: