Sometimes you can't win!!

sibbell

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Sasha has been with me for about seven months and has adapted well to my house. She knows where her boxes are and uses them daily, once she had gotten over the need to spray around the house when she moved in (!) all has been well, with just a very occasional mishap. In my bedroom I have the box next to my bed as she decided that going into the bathroom to use it was too much of an effort, but she likes it in this spot. (spoiled rotten!)
This morning, in the early hours, I heard her get into the box but didn't hear her doing her scratching and cover........I went back to sleep! Low and behold, she had gone around to the other side of the bed and wee'd on the floor over there (no harm done as I still have wee wee pads covering the carpet). She has done a lot of sniffing around the box since and is annoyed that I changed the litter! It is the same brand, just clean!! Sometimes you just can't win! But I bet tonight that she will be back in her box like a good girl!

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm sorry, I'm not familiar with her background. Is she spayed? How old is she? Is she declawed? And has she been to a vet (recently) to rule out an infection?

Our Spooky sometimes pees outside the box, but it is ONLY when she has some kind of medical issue or is in pain (like if she needs a dental).

And you have cleaned everywhere she went outside the box with an enzyme cleaner?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sibbell

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
And as I thought, she trotted upstairs this morning, sniffed around the box and when I said several times "good girl" she jumped in and did her business. Good Girl!!