sometimes my cat is interested only in biting my hand

ap4lmtree

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I pet my cat while i lie down. That can go on for 3-5 minutes. Then, she starts her biting behavior of my hand or wrist. So, I pull my hand away and say no. Then she walks away or jumps off my life as if that is the only company she likes having with me -- just to bite my hand or wrist. wtf

if you have a suggestion of some toy, then please be specific. I have some stuff animal and some rubber thing. She showed interest in the stuff animal long ago for a while, but she doesn't play with it anymore. She hasn't had a constant just biting toy or so, except my hand.

It gets pretty irritating and annoying because I spray hydrogen peroxide after whenever she does that, then I have to endure like a few minutes of burning.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ap4lmtree

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I am not going to yell or hit or spray or anything of my cat as that doesn't work.

However, does ignoring a cat after this kind of behavior work?

My cat upset me so much in how she treats me that I want to just ignore her for a while. She was meowing at me right now, and I told her to leave me alone because she treats me poorly.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
How old is your cat? When she bites, does she break the skin? Or is it more like love bites?

You're right, attempting to discipline a cat doesn't work. They just don't understand what you are trying to do.

TCS has some articles that might be helpful. Here are the links:

How To Deal With Cat “love Bites”? – TheCatSite Articles

How To Stop Playtime Aggression In Cats – TheCatSite Articles
Cat Aggression Toward People – TheCatSite Articles
Why Do Cats Attack? – TheCatSite Articles

Ouch! More Than You Ever Wanted To Know About Cat Bites – TheCatSite Articles

Bored Cat? What Cat Owners Need To Know (including 10 Actionable Tips) – TheCatSite Articles