something really bothered me today(VENT)

shengmei

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by valanhb

I agree with the other posters. Find out who the girls are (names at least) and report what was said to the police and animal control authorities. It's people like that who will get the breed banned everywhere and then the world will be a worse place without these beautiful and special dogs.

I'll move this to Other Animals.
I agree!!!

plebayo

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
One day around 4 months old, they jumped the wall of their cage and completely ripped apart the dog next to them. Then a few employees tried to stop them and they turned on the ones who bottle fed and basically raised them from a very young age. It was a huge mess and everyone was upset. But it was in their blood, that is what they were bred to do. They were all euthanized a few days later on Doggie Dying Day as we called it, we were all crying and everyone was so upset. Of course then the dogs were happy little guys again whining for attention...
That's really sad considering they are bred the way they are so that when you're fighting your dogs you can pull them apart without them eating you. A true Pit Bull has NO human aggression. They make HORRIBLE guard dogs because of that.

I LOVE American Staffordshire Terriers and Pit Bulls. I think people DO make the dog, in the sense that you have to train them consistantly and socialize them a lot, like you would any dog. They are terriers, and Terriers are very strong willed.

I'd love to have one someday and maybe breed and show them.