Someone loves their new doona!

KitEKats4Eva!

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I got the puppers a doona with a jungle theme cover today. It's so cute has cartoon lions, hippos, monkeys and elephants on it. Here is Chester checking it out...

jdpesz

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Okay, Sarah, I got a dumb yank question for you. Is "doona" just an aussie word that means "quilt" or "blanket," or is a doona something different?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

KitEKats4Eva!

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah, a doona is like a quilt

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by jdpesz

Okay, Sarah, I got a dumb yank question for you. Is "doona" just an aussie word that means "quilt" or "blanket," or is a doona something different?
I had a good laugh when I read the title to this thread. Haven't heard that word in a while!
Looks comfy though. Wouldn't think you'd need many "doonas" with Perth's heat!

jdpesz

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by pushylady

I had a good laugh when I read the title to this thread. Haven't heard that word in a while!
Looks comfy though. Wouldn't think you'd need many "doonas" with Perth's heat!
Well, when it's hot you just take it to the beach and lay ON it, right? That is if you can get Sarah out of her air-conditioned car!

KitEKats4Eva!

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by jdpesz

Well, when it's hot you just take it to the beach and lay ON it, right? That is if you can get Sarah out of her air-conditioned car!
LOL!!

You're right - it's the first thing Max said to me when he saw it... `Babe, it's summer, doonas retain heat they won't lie on it'.

WRONG!!

They love it! They are on it constantly. I got it because I thought it would be a bit more padded and comfy than just the hard floor or a blanket.

Plus, we still have ours on the bed even though the nights are sweltering. It kinda gets all twisty because I lie with my arms around it and one leg stuck out the side, but it's not too hot. They are kind of insulating - you know, warm in winter, cool in summer

KitEKats4Eva!

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, I always know when I wake up under my doona on a hot summer night I've managed to get some good sleep at last, because otherwise I would never have got under it in the first place!

sweetiecat3

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I guess the word 'doona' is a Perth thing that is meant to confuse us??
Looks like she really loves it though! Chester is so cute.