Someone Hit My Cat With Their Car

naquack

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My cat of only 9 months got out this morning (he is usually out) and unfortunately this evening we found his body trampled on the side of a street. He looked to have been gone a long time. I'm just super mad about someone hitting him on a residential street and like not paying attention. Like we have turkeys and like squirrels and like animals and never have i hit any. I'm just frustrated that someone would be driving so carelessly. I'm sad and mad. Good bye sweet one. He was the best cat. He walked on a leash. He was beautiful and kind. He was special. He was a lap kitty. He was the one.

Screenshot_20181221-173713_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20181221-173731_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20181221-173623_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20181221-173636_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20181221-173651_Gallery.jpg

Mark Lehrkind

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I’m sorry. At least you have pictures I looked for pictures for my baby and couldn’t find any but they do help if you wait long enough. It is best to give people the benefit of a doubt maybe they didn’t even know it’s best not to even think about it.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My beloved Chrissy was killed on the street too, right in front of me by a girl who never stopped, I know how much this hurts. It's easy to feel hate and anger for such a tragedy, but I know it does absolutely no good because it changes nothing. I choose to believe it was still an accident, and although will forever hold guilt for bringing her outside that day, I know for certain there was no intention of harm on my part, and it takes intention to feel guilt. You will most likely bargain with fate, let me have that day over, a few hours over, but it will not happen. What is done is done and you can only move forward. Life is a gamble every day, none of us are guaranteed a tomorrow. Why your precious little one was taken so young and in such a tragic way will forever be unknown. The anguish it brings is incredible, and the hole in your heart will take a long time to heal. Try not to focus on the end, I know what you witnessed will be with you forever, but to willingly relive that horrible scene again and again makes your little boy's death more important than his life, and that should never be. His life is infinitely more important, and use those precious memories instead, to bring your broken heart comfort. In time these memories will bring you comfort instead of the pain they bring now, in time your broken heart will heal enough to allow it more love in. Because our hearts can accept an infinite amount of love, each one unique and irreplaceable, just like a mother's love for every child.
You know how much your little boy loved life, how much he enjoyed each and every minute. He was secure in his love for you and is at peace now because of that love. He would never want you to be so sad because of him, he loves you too much to be the reason to bring sadness into your life. He wants only happiness and more love in your life, because that is what love is. And since love is spiritual, that love will always be with you. He will forever be as close as your thoughts and prayers, so send him thoughts of love, because he now lives on through you and the love that holds your souls together. Remember him with thankfulness, what you had was a treasure. Although the pain is great, to have never had him in your life at all would have been unthinkable. You were both blessed to have had each other, and the love that blossomed will forever be a part of you both.
My thoughts and prayers go out to you, to have tragedy come into your life is a long dark road to follow for a while. Time is the only thing that helps, take one day at a time and get through it. Fill your time with simple things that bring you pleasure, you need friends at a time like this that understand your pain. Give comfort to those who do understand that pain, it helps to comfort yourself by comforting others. Don't let grief rule your life, let it destroy one life not two......RIP beautiful sweet boy. You will never be forgotten, you will forever have a secure place in loving hearts. May the good Lord bless and keep you, until you meet again!

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My condolences on your tragic loss. Your boy was a real handsome kitty. It is so sad that he was cut down in the prime of his life :( Please know that we here at TCS understand your pain and grief. If we were in ancient Egypt, you would be able to observe an official time of mourning.

ans5181

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry for your loss, he was a beautiful boy. I know it's so hard not to feel angry, especially about tragic ends. I am wishing for peace and comfort for you. He knows no pain or suffering, and I am sure he knew how much you loved him. Rest now, sweet boy.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Rest you gentle, Sweet Friend, dream you deep. You walk in someone's heart forever.

I am so, so very sorry. My heart with yours.

solomonar

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
It is said: "Do not be angry on me because I am leaving You! I will be back one night to kiss you Good By! and to give you my pair of wings!".

+++

Who can say why an accident have occur? Who knows? Maybe the driver just did not notice or maybe he or she was to sad to stop. or maybe he or she was in hurry to keep the daddy alive to say adios? Who knows?

In the wild some Cats made it to full adulthood, some dont. Why? I dont know.

+++

Tears and hugs!

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
That is horrible! Some people really have no hearts and no common sense. This also makes me angry, as I often see cats being run over on a regular basis from where I live, and it really is heartbreaking. Some drivers even intentionally hit the cats. I wish karma would befall on them.

I am so sorry for your loss and considering the way you have lost your cat. I cannot blame you for feeling this way. Poor kitty. Just find consolation to the fact that he is now in a place where he can run and roam around, without worrying to be hurt by any (cruel) human again.

danteshuman

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry your boy was killed. He looked very sweet and cute in the pictures. My heart goes out to you over your tragic unexpected loss.

Rather than hating your neighbors (in time) perhaps don't think of it as a hit and run. A stranger could have gotten lost, hit him and he died instantly. They got out and checked on him but he was gone. He didn't have tags (or the driver's cell was dead............. or the driver was to upset to think clearly and call you.) Sadly you will never know the true story .....so why hold onto the extra negativity? That said you could make posters with his picture on it saying something like "slow down and quit sending our pets to heaven early." I had a cat get hit by a car once (she was paralyzed a bit but lived) and my new kitten is only feeling grass on his paws if he is wearing a harness!