Someone Help Me Understand Cat Genetics !!

Kaqs

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have 2 persian cats
1) Orange tabby male SEMIPUNCHED FACE
2) White female DOLLFACED

They have already mated 15days back, I just wanted to know what face will the kittens have.
I searched the Internet and could find only the feline fur and color genetics and no where it was mentioned about the face.
So can anyone tell me what face can the kittens possibly have- dollface or semipunch.
Or even extreme-punch if that’s a possibility when semipunch and dollface mate.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
While I can't help you with your cat genetics query, I will say I'm sure they'll be adorably cute kittens, and I'm looking forward to seeing pictures in 50 days or so. :camera: :heartshape: :catlove:

gitabooks

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Okay, so I'm not sure if this has any answers, and it has complicated terminology, but it may have some information on genetics. It's talking about the health difference between the two varieties, it's the only thing I found that seemed to talk at all about facial features in Persians: The Relationship between Brachycephalic Head Features in Modern Persian Cats and Dysmorphologies of the Skull and Internal Hydrocephalus

Another site said this about the "Brachycephaly gene" "
6. Genetics

The brachycephalic head shape defect has a clear genetic basis, and has been selected for in some breeds and not others. However, the genes involved are unknown."
7. How do you know if an animal is a carrier or likely to become affected?
Brachycephalic parents tend to produce brachycephalic offspring and brachycephalic kittens grow into brachycephalic adults."