Some want dump this poor dog in front of Autozone. Is she pregnant?

Johnv713

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Just went to Autozone to buy something for a friend and saw her in the front. I asked the employee who dog it was and they told me someone just dumped her 5 min ago in front of the store located steps away from a major blvd with heavy traffic day or night. Please take a look at the pics below to see if she’s pregnant. I also noticed a smallgreen marker on her belly. Does anyone know what it is? Thanks
947D5F41-76F4-4EDA-B4DE-1F97DD551963.jpeg
7121B7C9-52BF-45F6-9713-FA1CB71A1164.jpeg
7121B7C9-52BF-45F6-9713-FA1CB71A1164.jpeg

CatladyJan

<><
Top Cat
Purraise
Just went to Autozone to buy something for a friend and saw her in the front. I asked the employee who dog it was and they told me someone just dumped her 5 min ago in front of the store located steps away from a major blvd with heavy traffic day or night. Please take a look at the pics below to see if she’s pregnant. I also noticed a smallgreen marker on her belly. Does anyone know what it is? ThanksView attachment 363130View attachment 363131View attachment 363131
I found On google green tatoo this was a dog saved from puppy mill and has been spayed. She probably has a chip

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
Just went to Autozone to buy something for a friend and saw her in the front. I asked the employee who dog it was and they told me someone just dumped her 5 min ago in front of the store located steps away from a major blvd with heavy traffic day or night. Please take a look at the pics below to see if she’s pregnant. I also noticed a smallgreen marker on her belly. Does anyone know what it is? ThanksView attachment 363130View attachment 363131View attachment 363131
Poor baby. I hope you can keep it. Must be very confused why she has been dumped or abandoned.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Johnv713

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I didn’t have the heart to leave her there near a busy road. One of the employee fashioned a leash out of plastic wrap to get her into my car. She’s eating like a champ but my boy dogs growled at her. What’d happen to her if I called animal control? Will she be put to sleep if no one adopted or claimed her?

CatladyJan

<><
Top Cat
Purraise
I didn’t have the heart to leave her there near a busy road. One of the employee fashioned a leash out of plastic wrap to get her into my car. She’s eating like a champ but my boy dogs growled at her. What’d happen to her if I called animal control? Will she be put to sleep if no one adopted or claimed her?
Thank you so much for keeping her safe.

Do you have an rescues that pull from animal control where you live?

Can you get her to a vet to check for microchip? She probably came from a rescue and if she was adopted to someone and they dumped her, well they won't ever be adopting again.

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
Will she be put to sleep if no one adopted or claimed her?
It is highly possible, depending on which shelter she may end up to. Your dogs are growling for now. Give them time. If she stays there long enough they will get used to her.

I agree, better check her microchip if she has. Maybe this dog was stolen and dumped, or lost. If the owner does not want to claim her, then you can decide.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
She seems so sweet sleeping like an angel in your house. :angel3: Thank you from the bottom of my heart for rescuing her. :heartshape:Personally if you can't keep her and have a good relationship with your vet I would call them first, otherwise a no-kill shelter that you trust. It's hard for me to tell from the pic of her lying on the floor but is she a black lab or lab mix? If so, you can contact a lab rescue where a volunteer could foster her. Once again, thank you!:thanks:

Johnv713

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
BDAF8B73-CC5E-4E15-8E08-0B21251559B7.jpeg
I
E2DC775C-5AC5-422C-870D-12F89144FA0B.jpeg

Can someone ID her breed for me? My house is full of strays taken off the street but I guess I have no choice but to keep her. She’s very friendly but loves to chase my cats. No surprise there :)
221474F0-F769-4E68-8C2C-EAA91DCA5D19.jpeg
Already mastered the give me treat now pose

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Looks like pit/Lab mix to me. Thicker head/muzzle than a pure Lab but definitely Lab-ish.

Yep, that's a shelter vet spay tattoo, so at least you don't have to worry about her being pregnant!

Absolutely get her in to be scanned for a microchip; some people will steal dogs and drop them off far away, so don't assume her owners don't want her. Also report finding her to whatever animal authorities are in your town, because keeping a dog without reporting it can be considered theft. And post on the state and local lost and found pet Facebook pages.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
There are so many backyard breeders out there that frequently there's something off from the standard description. So my best guess would be black lab or lab mix but the shape of the bottom of her ear is throwing me off, (or maybe it's the angle of the pic), which is why I said could be backyard breeder. Regardless thank you for rescuing her. :thumbsup:

CatladyJan

<><
Top Cat
Purraise

CatladyJan

<><
Top Cat
Purraise
Looks like pit/Lab mix to me. Thicker head/muzzle than a pure Lab but definitely Lab-ish.

Yep, that's a shelter vet spay tattoo, so at least you don't have to worry about her being pregnant!

Absolutely get her in to be scanned for a microchip; some people will steal dogs and drop them off far away, so don't assume her owners don't want her. Also report finding her to whatever animal authorities are in your town, because keeping a dog without reporting it can be considered theft. And post on the state and local lost and found pet Facebook pages.
I have to agree here plus like I said earlier if the dog was dumped by the adopters they will be put on a do not adopt list

Johnv713

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Yea ... i think she’s a lab/pittie mix. I didnt have time to get her a leash but will do so when I get off in a bit. She’s adorable but her flatulence is a combination of dead fish and someone’s salty foot :)

CatladyJan

<><
Top Cat
Purraise
Yea ... i think she’s a lab/pittie mix. I didnt have time to get her a leash but will do so when I get off in a bit. She’s adorable but her flatulence is a combination of dead fish and someone’s salty foot :)
Purraise on the leash and collar that smell may be worms in her belly.