Some Strange Bumps On My Cat's Nose

TywinsDad

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello, this is my first time posting here. I have adopted a handsome Persian kitten, Tywin, and I noticed in the past 3 days there were curious lumps in his nasal bridge, which day by day seemed to increase. At first, I thought it was just dried-off wetfood, but it doesn't seem to go away after wiping it with a damp washcloth. I have not noticed any scratching behavior nor any signs of discharge from the lesions.

I would like to know if anyone here had the same problem with their cats before I got to the veterinarian (which is 3 hours away, I live in a remote barangay away from the metropolitan area in our country.)

Thanks!

Attachments

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

TywinsDad

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
This picture was taken 3 days ago.

duckpond

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I dont know about the bumps. However i would advise a vet visit. It is always best with a new kitten to have a vet visit as soon as possible. That way the vet can catch an problems the kitten is having. And the sooner problems are caught the easier they are to deal with. so I would make an appointment for a full health check.

He is a pretty boy, and im not sure if its just the photo, but his eyes look a bit red, squinty, maybe he has a cold or is not feeling well? I would have a vet check.

Keep us updated on him, we worry :)

TywinsDad

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I dont know about the bumps. However i would advise a vet visit. It is always best with a new kitten to have a vet visit as soon as possible. That way the vet can catch an problems the kitten is having. And the sooner problems are caught the easier they are to deal with. so I would make an appointment for a full health check.

He is a pretty boy, and im not sure if its just the photo, but his eyes look a bit red, squinty, maybe he has a cold or is not feeling well? I would have a vet check.

Keep us updated on him, we worry :)
We just had a visit for his anti-rabies vaccine a few days ago. A single bump was already there but the vet didn't actually raise it to me if it was something to be concerned about.

In this photo he was a bit upset because I was trying to hold his head steady for a photo, unfortunately I forgot to turn the flash off so he squinted.

Thanks, I'll go to the vet tomorrow before I work.

duckpond

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Did he have a complete health check when he was in for the shots? some vets do, some do not. If he did have a complete work up you might could take a really good few photos of his face and send in to the vet to look at. Maybe the vet could tell you if you need to come in now or not? But if it seems to be spreading and getting worse i would probably take him in anyway.

I dont know im always a worry wart, but you do have a long drive. and yes, cats are so hard to get good photos sometimes, especially those cute little kittens :)

let us know what you find out.

TywinsDad

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
It
Did he have a complete health check when he was in for the shots? some vets do, some do not. If he did have a complete work up you might could take a really good few photos of his face and send in to the vet to look at. Maybe the vet could tell you if you need to come in now or not? But if it seems to be spreading and getting worse i would probably take him in anyway.

I dont know im always a worry wart, but you do have a long drive. and yes, cats are so hard to get good photos sometimes, especially those cute little kittens :)

let us know what you find out.
It was more like a visual inspection, no work up was done. They have a Facebook page that I could send pictures to, but I guess the vet will still recommend taking the kitten to her for some tests. I'm really hoping these bumps will go away, as this little guy is my first cat (I have plenty of dogs at home).

And yes, it's a long commute to the vet. ☹

duckpond

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
it is a long drive, but catching a problem early and treating it early is always best, and usually easier. If there are more bumps now that a few days ago, i would want a vet visit. Cats are normally pretty healthy, but kittens still have a weak immune system, so with kittens i am always quick to the vet.
best of luck!

TywinsDad

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I forgot to post an update. I went to another veterinarian. Tywin had a thorough check-up and the doctor found some ear mites from an ear swab under a microscope. The vet also felt a lump (which I didn't notice) on her rabies vaccination site. He told me that it's a no-no vaccinating kittens on the back, which the previous vet did for Tywin's anti-rabies vaccine. He also found the lesions on the nose as only scratch lesions, nothing to concerned about. He wad more concerned of the lump and he told me to apply a warm compress on the lump and give it another week. If it doesn't go away, we'll be back again for a biopsy.

This sucks. I didn't know rabies vaccines should be done on the hind leg and not on the back. I was only thinking

TywinsDad

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I was only thinking that I have my kitten vaccinated and I'm feeling guilty that I may have given my kitten a fibrosarcoma.

auntie

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
It's not your fault--you are supposed to get the cat vaccinated, and the vet is supposed to do it correctly!