Some labouring cat advice needed please :-)

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
She is still gaining in the minimum acceptable range of 6-10 grams per day, so just keep an eye out, but my guess is she’ll be fine. Sometimes they plateau a little then start pigging out again. If she does not gain the minimum or loses, by all means step in to supplement. They are lovely kittens! :)

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That little dark tabby may be one of those beautiful almost black and grey tabbies I have seen. They look like swirls of marble. All of them are gorgeous!
I would just keep an eye on the two that aren't gaining as much or encourage them to feed when the others are sleeping so they eat more. As long as they don't lose any more, and go into an unacceptable daily weight gain, they may be more active because they are hungry. They should be fine with you to watch over them!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

anannamous

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello :-) I just thought I'd add an updated photo. Kittens are now 4 weeks old and full of energy. I can't believe in another 4 weeks they will be soon going to their new families.

Top left we have "Rosie" - she's female and the most inquisitive, also the most independent
Top right we have "Tom" - he's the only boy - he is very serious and only wants a fuss when his siblings are having cuddles
Bottom left we have "Dolly" - she's female and very fluffy, and loves attention
Bottom right we have our as yet 'un-named' kitten (her family haven't decided on a name yet) - she's also female, and she's the greedy one

kittens 4 weeks.jpeg

Mum is still doing a fab job, although she does her best to hide from them now when she wants a bit of peace and quiet.

I don't know how we're going to be able to let them go to their new homes, we all love them so much!

jefferd18

Ms. Jeff's Legacy
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello :-) I just thought I'd add an updated photo. Kittens are now 4 weeks old and full of energy. I can't believe in another 4 weeks they will be soon going to their new families.

Top left we have "Rosie" - she's female and the most inquisitive, also the most independent
Top right we have "Tom" - he's the only boy - he is very serious and only wants a fuss when his siblings are having cuddles
Bottom right we have our as yet 'un-named' kitten (her family haven't decided on a name yet) - she's also female, and she's the greedy one

View attachment 348397

Mum is still doing a fab job, although she does her best to hide from them now when she wants a bit of peace and quiet.

I don't know how we're going to be able to let them go to their new homes, we all love them so much!

They are so adorable, I am taken with Ms. Piggy on the bottom right. I am glad they are going to family, because then you can always get updates.

Kittycatcat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Oh Wow just look how much they've grown!! Glad to hear they are all doing well.
Little Dolly's face 🥰

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

View attachment 348397

Little Miss Unnamed looks like she is going to give her new family quite the adventure. :lol: