Some good news!

krz

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Today I was able to catch the black cat, he is not neutered but friendly. I was actually able to pick him up and put him into a carrier. I took him to my vet, he tested negative and has a broken tooth which will be taken care of when he is neutered tomorrow. He did not have a wound like I thought, it was a tick that he had been scratching. In fact, they removed 26 ticks! My vet had never seen anything like that on a cat before. She is putting him on an antibiotic as well as worming him. She said he was just a love bug and never hissed or growled.

And even better, and an answer to prayer, he has a wonderful home to go to! :clap::clap: I am so happy. He will be the only cat but will live with a dog who gets along with cats. I am so happy for this kitty!

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
HOW!! WHAT!!!! :lol3: THAT IS JUST GREAT NEWS!!!!!!!!! Great news all the way around!!! AND friendly too :D :woohoo: HOW did you find a home so quickly? AWWWWWWWW this just makes my night :happy3: Great job :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap: Continued :vibes: :vibes: for the other two girls at that house :vibes::vibes:

Last edited:

bastetservant

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh.what a wonderful happening!!! I am just grinning, like this :D: :D :D

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap: to you! You are just wonderful! Thank you for rescuing this kitty, A BLACK KITTY, and giving him a loving home, and a safe and secure life.

It gives me some faith in humans.

Robin

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

krz

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thank you,  Robin,  I am so excited.  It all just fell into place,  after all day of praying,  truly.  I was so stressed over the whole situation last night,  my son was telling his friend and she said " I will take him"  She didn't care what he looked like,  she knew he needed a home and she grew up with indoor cats and her family also caring for neighborhood strays. 

I am so grateful to her,  and to my vet.  She kept him so I did not have to worry about keeping him here tonight,  and if he is up to it tomorrow evening, he will go to his new home! 

Thanks to everyone!!

krz

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Well, the black kitty, now named Roman, is in his new home and I could not be happier! He has antibiotics to take for about 3 weeks, he had a total of 35 ticks on him. He tested positive for Lyme disease but they think the antibiotics should take care of it.

I held him for a while, then he started to explore, ate, used the litter box and even curled up beside his new owner. She is so happy to have him and I am so grateful to her.

Now if only Mia would show herself, tomorrow is one week since I have seen her, about the same time he showed up on a regular basis.

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Aw, that is such WONDERFUL news about Roman! :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: for just a fantastic job! :clap: :lol3: :rub:

Now.... :vibes: : vibes: :vibes: for Mia. :heart2:

I don't know where you live. But if the weather is anything like it's been here, the ferals are out and eating very little food. They're loving all the little animals and bugs, I think, now available from the warm weather - and they don't need shelter now. But I hope she realizes her territory is black-cat-free now, and comes "home" !!!!!! :cross:

krz

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Well, two steps forward, one back. Roman, the black was adjusting so well. His new owner's mom took her dog to her home so he could rest. Roman was doing well, today her mom brought the dog back and she said the cat is now attacking the dog. She is very upset. I told her to just separate them, but I am afraid she is so afraid the cat will hurt the dog that she no longer wants to keep him. Any suggestions?

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Sorry late getting back to you.... busy weekend. I really hope this person will give Roman much, much more time. Just as you would not put cat's together without proper introductions, you should neither put dog's and cats together without proper introductions. The new owner should keep Roman in a confined room for awhile as well. This is way toooo soon to expect Roman to accept and befriend the dog. After all, we do not know anything about Roman's background and if he has had good, bad or no experience with a dog. GEESH.... this always is a problem when people just don't take their time. I really hope you can pass along the following article's information to her. Also, I would recommend she put her dog on a leash and keep the dog away from Roman in the initial stages. IF the dog goes into the cat's space, the cat will defend itself. It is unusual for a cat to seek out a dog and just full out attack the dog. Of course, there are exceptions to this, but it is very unusual. I am sure the dog was being overbearing and it is the responsibility of the new owner to "train" the dog to respect the cat's space!!!!! Vibes for Roman :vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes: http://www.thecatsite.com/a/introducing-cats-to-dogs

Last edited:

krz

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thanks for the article. When I took the kitty to her last week, I strongly suggested she keep him confined to her bedroom for a few days. She just let him out and about so her mom came and took the dog so Roman could get used to his new place. Everything was fine until the dog came back, and she is a sweet little dog.

I think Roman became very territorial in his new home and kept going after her dog. I told her to separate them and start proper introductions. Now she is starting over and things are going well. Her place is perfect for keeping them apart and still giving each of them plenty of space. She is much calmer and is going to do everything to make it work. She loves her dog and she loves Roman, and poor Roman has been through a lot in the past week. Thankfully, things are moving in the right direction.

And even better news, Mia has returned!:clap::clap::clap: I worked all day Saturday nd when I went to feed Olivia, there she was, just waiting to be fed. I was so relieved I started to cry. I also spoke with the neighbor directly next door, she is a cat lover but travels all week and is only home on weekends. I explained the situation and she told me that I could put the shelters on her back porch. How sweet!

The two girls are welcome on her property and I don't have to stress about getting them here in a hurry. I think that Mia was bothered by Roman's presence. He was so hungry, he was food aggressive. I am just praying no other kitties show up now, Roman made 13! I will have no space here once I get the girls.

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
First off...... I am just SO happy to hear that this woman who took Roman will keep on working with him and the dog. Sounds like it is going to work!!!!!!!! :woohoo: How wonderful. Makes me happy to hear this great news. More vibes that Roman continues to do well. It sounds like he will be well loved and happy to be the only cat in the house :nod: :D I am sure in time, he will learn to love the dog and they will become fast friends :cross:

:jump: YAY for MIA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YAY for the wonderful neighbor too!!!! :clap::clap::clap::clap: WOW things are really looking up for Mia and Olivia. Love those beautiful names :heart3: AWWWWW hun, you are doing an incredible job in handling this situation. Just wonderful :heart2: :heart3: YES.... now you don't have to worry so much about getting them to your place. That is great of that neighbor to allow the shelter's and food on her porch. :wow: Keep the great updates coming :D :clap::vibes:

krz

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Yes, things are really working out with Roman and his new home. His new "mom" is much calmer and just separates them when necessary. But she loves him and is committed to making things work!

Well my sister was going to take the last of the younger kittens, I just could not get her into a carrier. She is sweet, still quite shy. I then received an email that a friend had 2 cats and 4 kittens dumped near her home. All very friendly and wanting to come inside. She has four cats of her own, three with health issues.

She has agreed to put them into a bedroom and I am going to help her get them spayed/neutered. She is concerned about finding homes for them. Since my kitties are still needing more time and these kittens need a home soon, my sister is taking one, possibly two.

Although I was happy my little kitty would go to a good home, she will be staying here until she is ready. She still won't go near the carrier, but the older ones will go inside of it. At least it should be easy to get them in when they go to their new homes. But she did crawl over me and curl up beside me, almost like she was relieved to be staying!

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It sounds like that one little "kitty" has chosen you :heart3: I guess she needs more time with you. WOW sounds like you also have your hands full and thank goodness your sister will help out. Just burns me up that someone dumped a family of cat's on your friend like that. Poor little darlings..... That is wonderful that your friend will keep that family of cat's in her bedroom for the time being. Such compassionate people!!!!!!!!!!!!! Such a need for people like you, your sister and your friend. Tell them how much we THANK THEM and YOU for what you are all doing :thanks: :rock: :D :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Last edited: