Some Blood On My Cat Please Help :(

sdkfjlasdf

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I dont know he always ate dry food and this is the first time i had a problem with it
Because UTI and kidney disease is a buildup of unhealthy eating habits over a long period of time.

If you drink a can of soda once in a while, I'm sure nothing will happen. But drink soda every day and you're bound to get health problems in a few years.

The same goes for your cat. Problems don't arise immediately, it's an accumulation of blockage in the urethra over a period of time.

Like i said, canned food can be expensive. But it's worth it.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

FozexD

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Because UTI and kidney disease is a buildup of unhealthy eating habits over a long period of time.

If you drink a can of soda once in a while, I'm sure nothing will happen. But drink soda every day and you're bound to get health problems in a few years.

The same goes for your cat. Problems don't arise immediately, it's an accumulation of blockage in the urethra over a period of time.

Like i said, canned food can be expensive. But it's worth it.
Its not about the money, Just is really dry food really that bad ? is it okay if i feed him just like 3 times a week of canned food and rest is dry ? and btw do you think the vet was real with healthy dry food that i should buy ?

sdkfjlasdf

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Its not about the money, Just is really dry food really that bad ? is it okay if i feed him just like 3 times a week of canned food and rest is dry ? and btw do you think the vet was real with healthy dry food that i should buy ?
A lot of people feed both dry and wet, personally I think as long as you have at least some wet to add moisture to his diet, all is good.

3 times a week is good enough imo. Or you can try feeding a bit of canned in the morning, and dry at night. Then keep the rest over 2 more days in the fridge in an airtight bag or container.

sdkfjlasdf

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I suspect vets are getting paid for advertising Hills but I don't think Hills is that bad other than the fact that it's not grain free. My own vet recommends Hills wet food.

Again the issue isn't really with dry food in and of itself, just the fact that it doesn't provide any moisture compared to wet and this will inevitably lead to kidney disease

FozexD

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I suspect vets are getting paid for advertising Hills but I don't think Hills is that bad other than the fact that it's not grain free. My own vet recommends Hills wet food.

Again the issue isn't really with dry food in and of itself, just the fact that it doesn't provide any moisture compared to wet and this will inevitably lead to kidney disease
Yeah i think i am gonna keep going with instinct dry food and feed him wet every 2 days thanks a lot guys my cat still bleeds when he pees but a lot less i am gonna keep giving him some antibiotics, Thanks :)

FozexD

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise

Btw what do you think is best canned food for persian cat ?

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Make sure you give the antibiotic fro as long as the vet says too, if you stop early it will make him resistant and the next time they won't work. I put mine in a tiny amount of tuna juice if it is a liquid. I wrap/smash it in bacon if it is a pill. There are dry foods out their for urinary care, but I would feed manly wet to keep him from doing this again. have several bowls of water around to entice him to drink. All the luck!

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If he doesn't get enough water he'll get urinary problems again. That's why canned food is good---cats don't really like to drink enough water, so eating it is easier. But there are other ways, too. Maybe he'd like a fountain, or you could boil some chicken (no salt or other seasonings!) and give him the water. Just have to keep that bladder flushed out!

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My male cat has to have canned food every single day or he blocks. Right now I'm giving him 1/4 cup canned food twice a day (so half a cup total per cat per day). The dry I limit to 3 of my 1/8 cup measuring cups per day per cat.

FozexD

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My male cat has to have canned food every single day or he blocks. Right now I'm giving him 1/4 cup canned food twice a day (so half a cup total per cat per day). The dry I limit to 3 of my 1/8 cup measuring cups per day per cat.
Okay thanks what do you think is best canned food ?

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
For canned cat food, I use Friskies, Fancy Feast, Purina One, Purina Pro Plan, and Sheba. Others here buy the fancier more expensive brands, and that's fine if you want to go that route, they can give you more suggestions. :)

Daisy6

A cat's best friend
Super Cat
Purraise
I dont know he always ate dry food and this is the first time i had a problem with it
The problem was caused by a microscopic buildup of dehydraton. Think about the many types of cancer that have no symptoms until a patient reaches stage 4. The nephrons start to die long before a cat decides not to eat or drink anymore.

FozexD

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
The problem was caused by a microscopic buildup of dehydraton. Think about the many types of cancer that have no symptoms until a patient reaches stage 4. The nephrons start to die long before a cat decides not to eat or drink anymore.
Okay thanks my cat is very healthy now, Tho my vet keeps saying i don't need the wet food he just keeps recommending some kind oh hills dry food do you think his just trying to sell ?

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Okay thanks my cat is very healthy now, Tho my vet keeps saying i don't need the wet food he just keeps recommending some kind oh hills dry food do you think his just trying to sell ?
Yes.

FozexD

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So glad your cat is well now. Keep feeding him the wet food, it will decrease the chances of him getting urinary blockage again.
Yeah i am feeding him twice a day with wet food btw what do you think about instinct wet cat food ? i am looking for some high quality wet food

Daisy6

A cat's best friend
Super Cat
Purraise
The only reason a vet would say cats don't need wet food is to sell their kibbles. If you read what feline holistic vets and veterinary nutritionists say about dry foods, you will find none of them recommend it.

Daisy6

A cat's best friend
Super Cat
Purraise
Yeah i am feeding him twice a day with wet food btw what do you think about instinct wet cat food ? i am looking for some high quality wet food
I wish my cat liked Instinct. It has received high reviews from people who fed NVI to cats with IBD, IBS, or even diabetes and saw the problem go away. The brand, which is based on the raw diet philosophy, has few or no fillers and preservatives.