Soft Stool

Daisy2021

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello,

I would like to ask you about our problem. My cat is one year old she poops twice a day and she has a normal poop but it gets very soft at the end. It happens only second time. First one is quite normal.

Should I worry about it?

looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Thank you!

verna davies

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I wouldn't worry personally as long as the colour of the stools are normal. If the stools become soft then you could try giving her s boulardii for a few days to firm them up but as you described it, just keep an eye on them

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Daisy2021

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you for your response! I will kerp an eye on her!

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi. I think sometimes that a cat can have looser stool at the end of a BM just by very virtue of how long the stool has been sitting in the colon. The longer it sits the drier it becomes because moisture is naturally drawn out of the stool as time passes. Once a cat has the urge to go, it 'all' likely comes out at one time. But, yes, to be sure, keep an eye out on it.

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Daisy2021

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you for your response!

Babypotato

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello,

I would like to ask you about our problem. My cat is one year old she poops twice a day and she has a normal poop but it gets very soft at the end. It happens only second time. First one is quite normal.

Should I worry about it?

looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Thank you!
Hello there, how is your cat now? my cat has similar stool, she poops once per day, solid with slightly softer end occasionally, as the soft part still has shape, vet is less concerned and let me keep monitoring. But I still worrying and try to improve her stool.