Soft sided carrier to walk to a park with a cat?

kirathecat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi, everyone) Love this forum and hope you guys can help me solve my dilemma that is keeping me up at night 

So, i'm looking for advice as to which carrier i should get for my kitty boy. I haven't bought a carrier for him yet, so have no idea how to guess which size would be comfortable for him while not being a problem to carry around.

My kitty is 9.5 lb, 13' height, fits comfortably on a 13' x 13' top level of a cat tree. When he is laying down on his tummy with all paws drawn in, he occupies a space 8' x 13' x 6.5' [W x L x H], if he curls up, he is 11 'x 13' [W x L], all approximate, of course, since measuring tape is such a tempting and exciting toy 

I really want to get something high quality, comfortable for both, me and my cat. Main purpose of the carrier will be to carry my boy to a park, which is 20-30 minute walk & use it for a short ride to a vet (10-15 minutes each way).

My top picks are:

1. Sleepypod Atom, interior 16' x 8' x 9.5' [L x W x H]. 

2. Sleepypod Air, interior 21' x 10' x 9.5' [L x W x H]. 

3 & 4.  SturdiBag Small or Large, interior  17' x 9' x 9' or 17' x 11' x 11' [L x W x H]

Based on this info and dimensions, could, somebody, PLEASE, tell me, which one to get?

Are Sleepypod Atom and Small SturdiBag way too small?

Will he slide from front to back in Sleepypod Air while I walk and be forced to hold on for dear life to a soft bottom liner?

Will he slide from side to side in a Large SturdiBag and be forced to hold on for dear life to a soft bottom liner?

I'm so confused 
 and my brain is pretty much on fire )

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm not familiar with those carriers but I do have a Bergan soft sided carrier on wheels. Mine is a older version of this one and it looks like you can buy the older one on Amazon.

Cats can squish themselves into a carrier so I would just get a large enough carrier that your cat can fit into which crouching and one that isn't too awarkward for you to carry. Your second choice will be comfy enough. You can put a towel or puppy pad inside the carrier to give yoru cat somethng to grip onto and to contain any messes.

A wheeled carrier like that one I have eliminates the cat sliding back and forth while you walk. Just roll the cat along behind you
A pet stroller is another option.

Last edited: