soft lump in tummy area

catsareok

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi everyone,

I just noticed petting my kitties tummy, I feel a small lump, it feels soft  when I push on it  lightly  does not bother her, and she acts fine

I am thinkng this is most likely something that maybe serious, and bring her to the vet, like I said des not bother her at all. the only reason I noticed was rubing her tummy, she is long hair, who knows how ling it has been there, she was at the vet maybe a  month and a half ago, for blood work and a phisical.. I they felt around  did not notice.. What do you think.. she jumps around and is really carzy as usual for an older cat   female by the way.. thanks for any input...

ln6271

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I would have the vet check it out. I have a female cat, Molly, who had to have two radical mastectomies last year because she developed mammary cancer as a result of being spayed later in life. The first lump was detected by the vet tech as she was rubbing Molly's tummy to wake her up after a dental. 

catwhisperer1

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
If it's in the area of her belly button, she may just have a small umbilical  hernia you never noticed before.  But since she is older, I concur with the previous poster that it would be wisest to have her vet checked just in case it is something serious because the sooner serious problems are caught and treated, the less expensive treatment is likely to be and the better the outcome is likely to be, depending of course on the diagnosis and what the problem is.