Soft claws

taryn

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Nuts has decided the box spring is a good place to scratch so until he knocks that off both are in Soft Claws(The 'Tude doesn't need them but it's easier to just do them both)

What colors do you think would go best with their coloring. I know Attitude being black and white would look good with the black and white combo but can you think of anything else she would look good in?

Nuts is harder to do, as a brown and black tabby I have no idea what would look good on him.

You can see them in my sig and also if you click on their pictures you can see a larger pic of them.

Is there a color that you think would work best for both of them? Attitude is a girl and Nuts is a boy so I can't get anything pink or girly. I also would prefer them not to be clear since colors make it easier for me when I check to make sure they haven't lost one, which is at least once daily.

Right now they are wearing rainbow and I'm just not too fond of the colors and Paul is complaining it's too 'girly' for Nuts. With 2 cats I only get 2 full sets per cat(so put one on and i have 10 each for replacements as they fall off, which Attitude already lost a blue that I replaced) I only do their front claws.

Anyone have any ideas, here is the colors they come in:
http://softclaws.com/colors.asp

Thank you for your help I am totally stumped on which colors would look good on them.

Taryn

bunnelina

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Our friends' black-and-white cats always look good in purple or bright blue.

We like the bright orange for our cats. They look nice with buff and calico coloring and would probably look nice on a brown tabby. Clear also looks nice, and it's easier to see what you're doing with those stupid glue tubes.

We've gotten lazy about using them since the kittens arrived. They were good about wearing them, but the kitten size fell right off because their claws were just too small for them. Now, of course, they are big cats and we need to stock up on the medium size.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When I buy packs, I usually get blue. Goes with any color and is unisex. Green might look good on him, too.

railntrailcwgrl

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I do all sorts of colors on Storm who is a tortie, torbie, oh heck I can't remember, lol I'll have to dig up the thread. She's been in pink, red/white (alternating for Christmas) pink/black (alternating V-day), dark green, now she's wearing purple and blue for 'spring'. So far the blue and purple combo is my favorite. Also, I order mine from Ebay. The blue is a very pretty color!!

You can get half packs, great for mixing and matching! Shipping is free so by the time I order it about evens out to buy one 'whole pack/2 half packs' get a half pack free! Colors are a bit more limited so I do occasionally order directly from SC.

I have noticed a difference between the 'old' style and the new CLS style. The CLS seem to fit a bit smaller, any one else notice that too? I'm half tempted to order the next size up because some of them don't even go half way on Storm's claws, but some fit fine and the 'old' regulars fit great! She almost never losses the old kind. :/

A good picture of her current toes:

littleraven7726

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Stimpy, my brown tabby, always looks with Red or Blue collars. Maybe red or blue Soft Claws would look good on your cat.

I only used Soft Claws for a few months on Lola when she was a kitten. We were transitioning between our last apartment and buying a house. We used the clear ones from the store. If I had kept using them, I was going to order pink. 'Cause she's my princess.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

taryn

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Like I said until Nuts figures out not to scratch the box spring I won't need them any more. I used the kitten ones when they first came inside but since they were good about not scratching what they weren't supposed to I just let them fall off and never replaced them.

Attitude keeps on tossing hers, so far I have had to replace a blue one and today a purple one. Nuts have stayed on well. It's just frustrating. Maybe they'll stay on now. As I said I have used them before so I think I'm just having bad luck with the 'Tude's.

They behave perfectly and then Nuts decides he needs to scratch something he knows he's not allowed to. We have 4 scratching post and they use all of them, it's not like they lack appropriate things to scratch. grrr!!

Taryn

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
I think I'd go with red for Nuts and either black or purple for Attitude.

I've always just kept my cats' claws trimmed really short so even if they try scratching where they shouldn't it doesn't do any damage.