Socializing My New Semi-feral

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What?! No!!! Not after all you and she have been through. Not just after she finally found you and Chilli and learned about love.

My heart is breaking. Life is so cruel.

Avery

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I am so very, very sad to hear this news. My thoughts are with you and Chai. She is a lucky girl to have found someone who could shower her with such care and love.

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
You have the sympathy and the love and the support of each and every one of us who has followed your journey with sweet Chai. We will continue the vigil with you from around the world...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

rosegold

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
It is pure torture going through this. It’s one of the most devastating things I’ve ever experienced. It’s so completely unfair that I’m actually speechless when I try to comprehend what is happening
to this poor, dear little cat, who deserved the entire world and had the entire world smash down on her instead.

I am agonizing over whether to put her down today or not. Her quality of life is zero and my gut feeling is telling me
it’s time, but what if I am wrong? There are people (not vets) sowing seeds of doubt in my mind by saying things like “there’s always hope!” or “maybe it was a misdiagnosis!” or even “just treasure all the time you have left!” and it’s making me feel horribly guilty.

She is so weak but purring quietly whenever I touch her. She seems peaceful. I would rather let her go when she is peaceful than when she is in immense suffering.

Tobermory

Staff Member
Purraise
It is agony trying to reconcile heart and head when we reach these decision points with our kitties. You’ve bonded with Chai. You love her. You’ve watched her, learned her reactions, her body language. You’re there with her. Don’t let any of us deflect you from what you think is right for Chai.

I’m so glad she has you.

Avery

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Tobermorey said it all. I have been in your shoes and I know what a horrible, impossible experience it is. It is a matter of taking in all the medical information and balancing it with what your gut tells you, what Chai is telling you. My heart goes out to you.

white shadow

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
rosegold rosegold - you'll need the most informed and expert support right now - I've sent you a message with that information.

Almost to the day, 15 years ago, I was in an almost identical position - and forced into making an irrevocable decision without the benefit of informed support, only to discover later that it had been available. This haunts me to this day. If only I had known........

Thinking of you:redheartpump:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

rosegold

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I just let Chai go. This morning she told me it was time and we cuddled and she said goodbye to Chilli too. At the vet she went peacefully and purring in my arms with lots of kisses and love. My vet was so, so kind to both of us. I stayed until the very end so that she wouldn’t have to make the journey alone. She will be cremated with other kitties and I like to believe her soul will travel with them so she won’t be alone.

I miss her so much already. There is a gaping void in the house and in my heart. There may be a time where I can make peace with everything but right now, all I can think about is how life is unfair and unkind and overwhelmingly cruel... plus a lot more cursing and crying than I can articulate in words. I hate this. I hate it so much. She never deserved a fate like this.

But I guess I made the right decision, to let her go before she was in terrible pain. I have to believe I made the right decision otherwise I will go insane with regret and guilt...

Rest well little love. You sure brought joy to a lot of people in your short life. The brightest flames really do burn out the fastest.

FDD0B1D9-8677-4FAF-8E07-A7B0E374BECA.jpeg

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
rosegold rosegold - You listened to your beautiful girl and she loves you for it. Her whole situation was so unfair, but at least we'll always know that she knew true love and happiness with you and Chilli.

I don't have words to make anything better. My heart is breaking with yours.

Thank you for all you did for her.

Tobermory

Staff Member
Purraise
You have been so brave, so strong, you and Chai both.

I will think of her now with her sweet face, her adorable Charlie Chaplin mustache, and four strong legs, purring and touching noses with a host of others.

“If there ever comes a day when we can't be together, keep me in your heart. I'll stay there forever.”

― A.A. Milne, “Winnie-the-Pooh”​

tnrmakessense

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I just let Chai go. This morning she told me it was time and we cuddled and she said goodbye to Chilli too. At the vet she went peacefully and purring in my arms with lots of kisses and love. My vet was so, so kind to both of us. I stayed until the very end so that she wouldn’t have to make the journey alone. She will be cremated with other kitties and I like to believe her soul will travel with them so she won’t be alone.

I miss her so much already. There is a gaping void in the house and in my heart. There may be a time where I can make peace with everything but right now, all I can think about is how life is unfair and unkind and overwhelmingly cruel... plus a lot more cursing and crying than I can articulate in words. I hate this. I hate it so much. She never deserved a fate like this.

But I guess I made the right decision, to let her go before she was in terrible pain. I have to believe I made the right decision otherwise I will go insane with regret and guilt...

Rest well little love. You sure brought joy to a lot of people in your short life. The brightest flames really do burn out the fastest.

View attachment 265394
I am crying for you, and dear Chai. It is completely unfair and unfathomable. Losing a young one, especially one that you worked so hard to earn trust from, is devastating. You are now part of a club that no one wants to join, but so many of us have. Take it one moment at a time. Breath. Write. Cry. Scream. Reach out to us and to others who understand.

So many cat illnesses are insidious, unrelenting, difficult to diagnose, and incurable. Chai fell victim to one of them. You did EVERYTHING right. Know that it's common to question every decision in the first days of loss. Time will give you perspective. It won't always hurt the way it does now.

You gave Chai the happiest and most loving home she could hope to have. You took her from fear, to family. Wherever she is, she's sending her thanks and love to you. Ask her for signs that she's in a better place. She'll send them to you.

Avery

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I am looking at the photo of sweet Chai and I'm crying with you. From thousands of miles away, my heart is breaking for this little kitty who left the world much too soon. Chai knew happiness and love with you and Chilli. Thank you for sharing your life with her and for sharing her story with us.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I'm crying as I try to think of words to type. My heart breaks for sweet, dear Chai. And for Chilli who most certainly will miss her annoying, but adoring, sister. And of course, for you. :alright:

Thanks to you, Chai knew what it was like to be happy and loved. She had a home, a sister, and a mom. :hearthrob: And she had a fanclub with members from the other side of the globe. She was a special cat. One I'll never forget. RIP sweet girl. :angel:

Status
Not open for further replies.