So what's on the menu tonight?

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Last night, I tried a new recipe with sliced chicken, sun-dried tomatoes, mushrooms, and onions sauteed, then simmered in broth and white wine. Served over pasta. I made sauteed asparagus to go with. Good stuff.

Tonight I'm trying a new recipe for pork chops with basil and lemon. And I'm going to roast some fresh cauliflower. And we'll have a nice salad with it.

c1atsite

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Winchester

new recipe with sliced chicken, sun-dried tomatoes, mushrooms, and onions sauteed, then simmered in broth and white wine.
oh my
after reading this i now want meat cooked in wine tonight.

weldrwomn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Last night, I baked asparagus and portabella mushrooms with a slight creole seasoning and put some wild caught Alaskan Sockeye salmon on the George Forman with a little Pike Street Market fish seasoning.

Tonight, I am going to cook up some artichokes and roast a bit of garlic. The artichoke leaves will be dipped in nacho cheese sauce and the cloves of roasted garlic will go on top of crackers.

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Winchester

Last night, I tried a new recipe with sliced chicken, sun-dried tomatoes, mushrooms, and onions sauteed, then simmered in broth and white wine. Served over pasta. I made sauteed asparagus to go with. Good stuff.

Tonight I'm trying a new recipe for pork chops with basil and lemon. And I'm going to roast some fresh cauliflower. And we'll have a nice salad with it.
Um, I think a recipe posting is needed!
Yummy!

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by kluchetta

Um, I think a recipe posting is needed!
Yummy!
All-righty then! Here you go. This recipe is from Light & Tasty 2006.

Chicken Breasts with Sun-Dried Tomatoes

1/2 cup plus 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium chicken broth
1/4 cup chopped dry-packed sun-dried tomatoes
1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms (I used 3/4 cup)
1 green onion, thinly sliced
2 teaspoons minced garlic, divided
4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
1 teaspoon olive oil
2 teaspoons cornstarch
1/2 teaspoon dried basil
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/2 cup fat-free milk (I used half milk and half white wine)
Hot cooked pasta, optional

Bring 1/2 cup broth to a boil; remove from the heat. Stir in
sun-dried tomatoes; let stand for 10 minutes. In a large nonstick
skillet coated with cooking spray, saute the mushrooms, onion and 1
teaspoon garlic for 1 minute. Stir in the remaining broth; cook 2
minutes longer or until mushrooms are tender. Remove mushroom
mixture and set aside.

Rub chicken with remaining garlic. In the same skillet, brown chicken
in oil for 3 minutes on each side. Stir in tomato mixture; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-12 minutes or until
chicken juices run clear. Remove chicken; slice and keep warm.

In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, basil, salt and pepper. Stir
in milk until smooth; add to tomato mixture. Bring to a boil; cook
and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in mushroom
mixture. Spoon over chicken. Serve with pasta if desired. Yield: 4
servings.

Nutrition Facts: 1 chicken breast half with 1/4 cup sauce (calculated without pasta) equals 190 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 66 mg cholesterol, 416 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 29 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 very lean meat, 1 fat.

Sun-Dried Tomato Chicken

3/4 cup finely chopped onion
1 garlic clove, minced
1 Tbsp. butter
1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes, chopped (not packed in oil)
1/2 cup white wine or low-sodium chicken broth
1/2 cup lemon juice
1/4 cup minced fresh basil or 4 tsp. dried basil
4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (about 6 oz. each)
1/4 cup goat cheese
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper

In a large skillet, saute onion and garlic in butter foe 3-4 minutes or until tender. Stir in the tomatoes, wine or broth, and lemon juice; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, fro 10-15 minutes or until liquid is absorbed, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat; stir in basil.

Flatten chicken to 1/4-inch thick. Spread each with 1/4 cup tomato mixture to within 1/2 inch of edges. Crumble goat cheese over the tomato mixture. Roll up, jelly-roll style, starting with a short side; secure with wooden or small metal skewers. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.

Place chicken in an 11 x 7-inch baking pan sprayed with nonstick cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 40-45 minutes or until juices run clear. Spoon pan juices over chicken and remove skewers before serving. Makes 4 servings.

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Mmm, Winchester that sounds good!

Tonight was re-runs of my birthday dinner from last night: roast chicken in a creamy mushroom sauce, baked potato, ceasar salad and fresh ciabatta.

cococat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Black bean burgers and homemade sweet potato fries.

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just had fillings so my mouth is too numb to eat but once the numbness subsides I'll be having a mince savoury and a corned beef and pickle sarnie for lunch.

Not sure about dinner yet - maybe some pasta salad.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It's only 4 o'clock and I'm starving reading this thread. For us it'll be ham tonight -- ham patties, unless there's less ham left than I think. Yam fries and a salad to go with them, probably.

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Fried shrimp and flounder. We had collards, boiled potato, and dumplings with the seafood. I know that sounds weird, but we like it.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by pushylady

Mmm, Winchester that sounds good!

Tonight was re-runs of my birthday dinner from last night: roast chicken in a creamy mushroom sauce, baked potato, ceasar salad and fresh ciabatta.
Thanks, pushylady. But actually, I'd take your dinner in a minute, especially the ceasar salad. I love ceasar salad. Mmmmmm

We're going to make sloppy joes with ground turkey tonight. Has to be quick and easy because DH bowls early. And a salad.

Has anybody tried the 100-calorie sandwich buns? There are a couple kinds around here; one is Pepperidge Farm, another is from Arnold's. They're quite good, they have extra fiber, and when I need a "bread fix," they work well.

cococat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Making sushi and miso soup, I can't wait until dinner.

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Tonight was leftover rice with veal scallopine and steamed brocoli.
Must make some more bread tomorrow. I have a hankering for something really soft and buttery.

Oooh! I just remembered I bought these little Italian ice cream thingies for dessert! Yay!