So what's on the menu tonight?

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tonight is a salad of mixed greens, cucumbers, tomato's, radish, red onions, peppers, bean sprouts, tofu and a nice golden Caesar dressing. For dessert honeydew melon.
I just have one more day of raw vegetables to go and already have a wicked vegetable stew planned for Wednesday's dinner.

The detox diet is going really well and I do feel much more energized.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
A green salad and a cucumber salad. It's so hot here that I am firing up the grill and making hamburgers and shrimp.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Pasta tonight. Sacchettini stuffed with chicken and bacon. If we're on our own, I'll do the little tomato/basil sauce -- the basil needs to be pinched back. However, there's a possibility some friends may join us, in which case I won't do that sauce, because I served it to them fairly recently. Mushroom Alfredo works well with that pasta, too, though, so I can do that. We'll probably finish up the cherries for dessert.

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Making a beef hot pot thingy for dinner. It is now sitting in the crockpot cooking on low. I think I will have mashed potatoes with it.

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Kiwideus

Making a beef hot pot thingy for dinner. It is now sitting in the crockpot cooking on low. I think I will have mashed potatoes with it.
I was going to make pasties, but just found out I have to work. I'll be lucky to get any dinner now. :eek:(

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
last night was scotch fillet steaks with garlic roasted pumpkin and potatoes and steamed carrots and broccoli with french cheese cake for dessert.

tonight it will be carrot sticks, ricemilk pudding and a yoghurt, i am working night shift!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think I will do the chopped vegetable combination again with lemon/olive oil/basil dressing. An for dessert the rest of the honeydew I started yesterday.

Today is the last day for my raw veggie and soy part of my detox diet and I am pretty happy with the results. I lost 9lbs in the last 7 days and although most of it was excess fluid it has been helpful in relieving some of the stiffness from my joints and has definitely given me an energy boost.

So for the next 7 days it will be cook vegetables, nuts, cheese, yogurt, fresh fruit, beans and lentils.

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We're trying to empty the fridge since we're going on vacation next week so tonight will be meatloaf with whatever ingredients we have left to throw in it.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Probably sausages. If there are beans ready to pick, we'll have those, but I'm feeling less pressured to use them right now, since we've been handing them out left, right and centre the last few days, and have finally caught up.

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's 5:15 and I have NO CLUE what's for supper.

Prolly do up some burgers on the bbq..... quick and easy.

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Snake_Lady

It's 5:15 and I have NO CLUE what's for supper.

Prolly do up some burgers on the bbq..... quick and easy.
Hmmmm, going out to play horses, family doesn't get supper tonight, LOL!

butzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tonight is BBQd salmon with brown sugar glaze, peppery couscous with raisins (my own recipe) and grilled figs. The store also had raw oysters on sale, so we are having them either raw or BBQd.

Status
Not open for further replies.