So This Just Happened...

Thestarcatcher

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My boyfriends mother is a higher up in the Chinese government. Today she called my boyfriend saying that she got me a white British shorthair kitten from a woman she worked with. She said that both parents were purebred and offered her a kitten. She decided to surprise me and brought it home. The kitten already supposedly has its shots, and I’m waiting to here the answer about if the parents really have papers. I’m no expert by any means at identifying breeds, so I will post a photo of her below. She is very shy so far (for good reason). She is not fixed currently and I will be waiting until we get to the USA for that because not only does it cost a boat load, it is also risky and unsanitary. She is kept in a house with only herself and 2 dogs and no access at all to the outdoors, so I think waiting is good. She is only 2 months old.

So far I have noticed that she has a high pitched meow, large eyes, and a pretty thick tail.

I will supply better photos when she comes out. Her cheeks are larger than they appear in the dark photo. (Which is why I myself always take dark selfies lol)

73C1261C-B1CA-4D4C-82F1-B310F2E88189.jpeg
View attachment 239521
50C2F960-B6A2-4340-9F0A-49B77F0A0CC3.jpeg
B937EB42-6274-4E1A-921B-2C75BF0561F8.jpeg
73C1261C-B1CA-4D4C-82F1-B310F2E88189.jpeg 50C2F960-B6A2-4340-9F0A-49B77F0A0CC3.jpeg B937EB42-6274-4E1A-921B-2C75BF0561F8.jpeg
EE3CAF0D-C83F-487A-8955-7B24DBC9CCB4.jpeg
95DAA580-E0AC-4479-8706-E7322091570D.jpeg
DE1CD1D7-1B21-4675-98F3-F40E54A28C0D.jpeg
440996A2-E389-4722-B164-930C2E21FA4C.jpeg

Last edited:

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Oh my, she's GORGEOUS!! I'm glad she has you :heartshape:

I'm not sure but even accounting for the fact that your photos aren't really showing her cheeks, I think her head/facial shape might not be quite round for a British shorthair?

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
She isnt as "full-moon" as contemporary brits of show quality are supposed to be. But observe, the natural brits not of comtemporary show quality arent that rounded.
Also, not all brits are the same rounded. If she is young (she is) she wouldnt be as round either.

All in all. She probably isnt of the contemporar show quality. But she may be purebred anyway.

I wouldnt recommend you to buy her for a minor fortune "its a real purebred BS".
But as long you see her as a beautiful white cat you want to have?! Sure, go for it.

Observe, the keeping her alone in a house with two dogs, will make she is shy and unused to people. So you will need to do some fostering, essentially as with a rescued shy semiferale.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thestarcatcher

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
She isnt as "full-moon" as contemporary brits of show quality are supposed to be. But observe, the natural brits not of comtemporary show quality arent that rounded.
Also, not all brits are the same rounded. If she is young (she is) she wouldnt be as round either.

All in all. She probably isnt of the contemporar show quality. But she may be purebred anyway.

I wouldnt recommend you to buy her for a minor fortune "its a real purebred BS".
But as long you see her as a beautiful white cat you want to have?! Sure, go for it.

Observe, the keeping her alone in a house with two dogs, will make she is shy and unused to people. So you will need to do some fostering, essentially as with a rescued shy semiferale.
We actually got her for 1$ because this lady was my boyfriends moms friend :thud:.
She is pretty shy, however she is warming up to us now. I’m thinking she may be European?? I’m not sure. I can’t really tell right now as she is 9-12 weeks old and is being pretty shy of us. Getting her was a whirlwind in and of itself. Her personality is very different than all of our cats. She is very shy now but just climbed up on me for the first time. I know she will come around

Thestarcatcher

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
This is the last one I promise lol. Here you can see her facial features better!
B3A69BAB-C924-4003-BF23-EB5F28363623.jpeg
She’s been hiding a lot so she is pretty dirty

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't know about the breed but whether she is 8 weeks or 9 to 12 weeks (I believe you said both?) she likely isn't done with all her kitten shots yet. The Rabies vaccine is usually given at 16 weeks with her final FVRCP vaccine.

Thestarcatcher

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I don't know about the breed but whether she is 8 weeks or 9 to 12 weeks (I believe you said both?) she likely isn't done with all her kitten shots yet. The Rabies vaccine is usually given at 16 weeks with her final FVRCP vaccine.
I’m working on getting her paperwork but if the owner doesn’t hand it over, I will just take her in again to get her shots. It’s not a big deal for me lol

Thestarcatcher

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

Here are some photos of her parents!

Here are her parents
90A9C11C-2E92-4248-8147-0546916FF633.jpeg

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Righty is good for a non show quality B, lefty perhaps less so.
But if white lefty is the femsle she is OK. Females in all breeds tends to be more gracile.
All in all I agree with her but I wouldnt say very poor guality.

They too nice for that.

But no shade more than pet quality.

Thestarcatcher

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Righty is good for a non show quality B, lefty perhaps less so.
But if white lefty is the femsle she is OK. Females in all breeds tends to be more gracile.
All in all I agree with her but I wouldnt say very poor guality.

They too nice for that.

But no shade more than pet quality.
The white is the female, the blue is the male :) I agree that they are not show quality, but the I’m happy with my girl none the less!

Thestarcatcher

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Her eye color is changing and now it’s confusing me, she has a silvery blue color forming. But I’m not sure which color will take over, what do you guys think?
671D513C-B01E-423E-8D5B-2B149D7C9CB8.jpeg
8BEEC67F-A2B5-4894-B53F-4492BE210B99.jpeg
1F8CB97F-9899-4CA8-8FD9-5BADF6892DA5.jpeg