So the kitties love to puncture air mattresses. Once again I am sleeping on the hard floor. Help

bunnybee

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
We've moved, and are waiting for our furniture which could take 2 more weeks.

I was sleeping on a Thermorest camping mattress, actually the 2nd one, as one of my 2 cats shredded/punctured the first one.   So the second one started leaking because of kitty claws.  I've been sleeping on the floor for 3 nights.

Last night, at Target, I saw air mattresses were on sale!   Only 24 dollars for comfort and the pump was included.   Well early this morning, big cat popped this one.   Am I doomed?   Is there any way I can train them not to pop and scratch air mattresses?

I am not sleeping well on the floor!  

xo

sleepless in Colorado

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
The fact that you've moved is probably going to create some behavioural glitches, till they get used to the new place. 

And there may be so little around in the house that they're bored and letting you know about it.

Could you get hold of a good scratching post?  Are you making sure their claws are trimmed?  Can you just keep them out of the room where the airbeds are (probably not as you would have thought of that....)

You can buy pretty cheap roll-up foam mattresses... by the time you go through a few more air ones, it might be worth your while..

Seems to me they just don't make air mattresses like they used to

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

bunnybee

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks Mani!   Yes I think it just time to give up the air mattresses! :)   And a new scratching post is a great idea!