So my brat caught a chipmunk

Mochiandme

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
All my 8 cats are indoors only. My mom has a terrible habit of letting them out because they don’t go far and come right back. Coby caught a chipmunk and bought it inside without anyone noticing. I heard growling and realized he had the thing in his mouth. This isn’t the first time he’s caught something and usually we get him to let go and the animal will stay stunned long enough to get it back outside. This time he let it go and it ran behind the freezer. This is where the montage of chasing, yelling, and screaming begins. Anyway, we lost it. Any tips on how to get the chipmunk out of the house? I know that because of Coby’s bite, it doesn’t have long to live. I’m hoping to get it out before it dies. Thank you.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
All my 8 cats are indoors only. My mom has a terrible habit of letting them out because they don’t go far and come right back. Coby caught a chipmunk and bought it inside without anyone noticing. I heard growling and realized he had the thing in his mouth. This isn’t the first time he’s caught something and usually we get him to let go and the animal will stay stunned long enough to get it back outside. This time he let it go and it ran behind the freezer. This is where the montage of chasing, yelling, and screaming begins. Anyway, we lost it. Any tips on how to get the chipmunk out of the house? I know that because of Coby’s bite, it doesn’t have long to live. I’m hoping to get it out before it dies. Thank you.
I hope you end its misery if its wounded and you catch it. Dont let it out to die into in prolonged death labor.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mochiandme

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Can you keep the cats shut in a different room? then use a trail of nuts or peanuts or peanut butter on cracker pieces to the door. We did this at my moms house when a chipmunk came in through a vent and it worked pretty quickly to get it out
Thank you for your advice!

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Chipmunk okay? My dad's one-eyed cat caught a huge chipmunk. (We call them ground squirrels here, but I am pretty sure they are the same thing.) It was just worn out. We were able to save it by putting it in a shoebox with holes in the tops and putting the cat in the house. Hours later, it was back up on its feet and we released it.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mochiandme

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Chipmunk okay? My dad's one-eyed cat caught a huge chipmunk. (We call them ground squirrels here, but I am pretty sure they are the same thing.) It was just worn out. We were able to save it by putting it in a shoebox with holes in the tops and putting the cat in the house. Hours later, it was back up on its feet and we released it.
Unfortunately no, I woke up to the body on the floor which was a shock because we set up a trail and my mom said she saw something move near the open door.