So It’s Been Almost Two Months (puppy Issue With Cat)

FreyaTheKitty

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So it’ll be two months tomorrow since we brought Daisy home, and Freya still does not like her, she growls and hisses whenever Daisy gets close... And I’m slightly bothered by this because Freya loved Hemi, who was a dog twice the size of what Daisy is now.

I don’t know why Freya doesn’t like Daisy still, we gave Terra up to another family because she was too hyper by the by. So I’m wondering is it because of Daisy’s size? Or because Daisy is so young? I don’t get why Freya would love Hemi but hate Daisy. Any inside opinion on this? For the most part Daisy leaves Freya alone when asked(by the cat), but I am worried because my mother wants to move back onto an RV, and I don’t want to have to give Freya up when she was here first.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
How old is Freya? My experience is that the older a cat gets, the harder time they have adjusting to new creatures, people or places. That doesn’t mean that she won’t adjust, just that it may take longer or you may need to go through a reintroduction of the two.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

FreyaTheKitty

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
How old is Freya? My experience is that the older a cat gets, the harder time they have adjusting to new creatures, people or places. That doesn’t mean that she won’t adjust, just that it may take longer or you may need to go through a reintroduction of the two.
She’s four going on five this year

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Reading through your previous posts, Freya came into your home with Hemi already present. But now it is HER territory and she is not appreciating an upstart puppy in it. The hissing and growling may just be telling the puppy that she runs things and he needs to stay in line. It sounds like he is listening to her so they may work it out. Whatever your next housing situation is I hope that you will have room for both.