So I think my cat is now stressed... (Its a stray)

Ayzurea

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
So like yesterday my cat has been meowing alot and grooming alot. I believe it's because the cat didn't get to play with me to see I am in fact alive. However one thing that is stopping me from playing anything. Is that I broke my leg yesterday. So I'm unable to walk around.

Now I'm wondering if I can do something for the cat to help it relax more? I'm guessing cats smell more for people than see them, so would a towel that smells like me work?

Note: Its a stray cat that lives outside.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Oh no! I'm sorry to hear you broke your leg.

Does the cat live right outside your house or further away? Maybe you could open a window or sit in the doorway so the cat can hear your voice and interact with you a bit. That would reassure them.

Yes, anything that smells like you would be a comfort. Does your cat have a shelter to sleep in? Put an unwashed t-shirt or towel in there to let them know you are still around.

Is there someone else who can feed your cat for you?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Ayzurea

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Oh no! I'm sorry to hear you broke your leg.

Does the cat live right outside your house or further away? Maybe you could open a window or sit in the doorway so the cat can hear your voice and interact with you a bit. That would reassure them.

Yes, anything that smells like you would be a comfort. Does your cat have a shelter to sleep in? Put an unwashed t-shirt or towel in there to let them know you are still around.

Is there someone else who can feed your cat for you?
Altho on an interesting note. I realized when I go out my cat looks at me and it waits by the gate for me to return in a reasonable amount of time. But yesterday unfortunately I fell in the rain and got into the ER. I saw on my security camera that cat ran around the house and seemingly try to look for me. Like I know it normally doesn't walk in the rain, but it did walk in the ran. Escaped past the fencing to search the block I think. Which was surprising behavior I think. As I knew cats cared but didn't think they cared THAT much. (They had plenty of food too, so I know its not food related)

It lives outside of the house basically on the outside, right outside of my window. (Except my window is higher up) But if I did drill a hole through the wall(that is next to my bed) and to the outside. It would link up to the cat's bed. This area is protected by fences around the house too.

I live with my family so they are currently feeding the cat, but they even tell me the cat seems distressed that there is one missing person.

(if my sentences are weird it's because painkillers and minimal sleep lol)