So I recently got a kitty and find I have to close my bathroom door

OMGPLZDNTBAN

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
If, (excuse my language), I'm taking a dump it's trying rub up against me or trying to sit in my pants as they're around my ankles.

Any one else have this problem? Then it just sits behind the door until I'm done. Super awkward for me.

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Sounds like normal cat behavior. In their mind, you are in an unsafe position and they need to be there to protect you. A lot of animal feel very vulnerable when going potty and seek safety by watching others for cues of danger or only going in groups. My boy will reach under the door the entire time I have it closed and comes charging in to check out the room when I leave. Kitties, got to love them.

Plus cats who are bonded really don't like being alone, especially if they know where you are.

KarenKat

Kitty on the half shell, tortie power!
Top Cat
Purraise
Haha, welcome to The Cat Site and welcome to the annoying aspects of feline behavior!

I think it’s pretty common for kittens to “nest” in our pants when we are ... indisposed. My adult kitty Olive has to run into the bathroom each morning - likely to make sure this will not be the first time in the history of ever that I forget to feed her. Mostly she plays on the rug or jumps on the counter to nuzzle my face. Recently she discovered the heater vent and prefers to sit there. I highly recommend closing the door if your kitten is being awkward.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

OMGPLZDNTBAN

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
It's me that's awkward. The cat has no problem. Understandable because it's just a kitty. I have to tell the kitty, "It's not you, it's me."

Last edited by a moderator: