So hard to resist!

juliek1975

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My daughter and I volunteer on Saturdays that I have off at the local SPCA.  Basically we just walk dogs and then "socialize" the kitties.  Which interprets to playing with all the cute kitties.  Anyhow yesterday there were two adorable little kittens there, that must have some Scottish fold in their blood because their little ears curled just a little and such cute hair tufts at the top of those ears.  If I didn't already have 4 cats, I'd have brought them home.  That is the only downfall to the volunteering, you see so many that you just want to take home.  Good news is that this shelter became a no-kill shelter within the past year.

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
Oh, good for you for doing that.  I agree about wanting to take them all home.  In fact, when we decided to get a kitten from our local SPCA after our first kitty passed away, I had to ask hubby to go get her.  I was afraid if I saw all those kitties in cages, I'd bring home a dozen of them.  And you know what happened?  He came home with two kittens instead of one!  LOL   I admire you for helping like that, I'd have a tough time seeing all those animals without homes.  

We help our SPCA by participating in the fundraisers.  
  My avatar is hubby and I on a walk-a-thon for the SPCA last year.  It's a walk where people are encouraged to bring their dogs and since we don't have one, hubby came up with the idea to dress up as one!  It was pretty fun.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I'm allergic to cats, so that is the only thing that keeps me in check. :lol3: If it weren't for that, I would have a houseful! I can only imagine how hard it is for you not to being them home. :nod: