Snuggles.....

Tink84

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I know what I am about to ask I can probably answer myself but I just want peace of mind from you lovely ppl. Basically my beautiful fur boy when he came to us a yr ago ac3 months old used to love sitting on my lap and curling up or laying right next to my feet or thigh on the seatee but I'd say from about 4-5 month+ he stopped and now is very picky (I know that's what cats do best) I am a first time cat owner lol so it has taken getting used to as I've grown up with digs who love snuggles on human command and always love to cuddle up to their human companion but not my little fur baby.....he will lay near me if I'm in bed reading or chilling etc but otherwise likes to sleep on a suitcase on out wardrobe or downstairs either in one of his beds or a box. I don't by any means want to force him to cuddle me against his own will but I'd love to be able to encourage him to sit close to me and enjoy me petting him which is something else he will tolerate in short bursts otherwise he wacky me or warns me not to. Should I just leave him and as he gets older he will become more loving and tolerable or is there things I nee to put in place go help him? When he lays next to me on the bed he lays on his back with his arms and legs stretched and his tummy facing up which I know is a real privilege as it shows how much he trusts me and I do love that about him. I just want him to enjoy more cuddles from me

kittypa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Some kitties are just more cuddly than others. I have one I wish was more affectionate, but I reckon she's just the way she is. I just always try to let her know that I love her and leave it at that.