TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Last edited by a moderator:

maewkaew

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He is an absolutely precious and adorable little Tabby Point ( sometimes called lynx point) kitten.  In these pictures he looks like  his color/ pattern is specifically  "Blue Tabby Point" ( or you can say "Blue Lynx Point" .)    If he is blue,  the darkest markings would be dark grey.  ( Grey is called "blue" in cat colors.)

Without knowing his ancestry for sure,  he would be called a Domestic Shorthair which just means a shorthair cat of no particular breed or unknown ancestry.  But  technically it wouldn't be a lie to call him a Siamese mix.  

The pointed pattern is one of the few colors or patterns where there is at least a very strong probability that the cat has ancestors of a certain breed ,  but it is not possible to know how far back it was.   But that  pattern did originally come from Southeast Asian cats   and got to the rest of the world via Siamese cats being imported to other countries,  so technically any pointed cat   of unknown ancestry could be called a "Siamese mix"  but  but the Siamese part may be a tiny drop from many generations ago.   The genes for this pattern have been widely spread through the domestic shorthair/ domestic longhair  population over the past 100+ years,   so there are a lot of cats with a pointed pattern whose most recent Siamese ancestor was from decades ago.    

But from your kitten's head shape which appears to have a rather prominent muzzle for a kitten,  and also he looks like he may have a rather long body and legs (?),  I would not rule out the possibility of some Siamese within several generations. 

Blue is quite uncommon in Bengals  and IMO he just does not have a very Bengally look. ( and I see a lot of Bengals since I show in TICA).   it looks like his tabby pattern is probably broken mackerel rather than spotted tabby.  ( Of course with mixes it can be very hard to tell.  so it's not impossible ,  I just don't see any real reason to think he has Bengal in him.   but you correctly recognized that his coat has something in common with the  "Snow Bengals" -- a combination of  a pointed pattern and a tabby pattern.   but that doesn't mean he is related to them. 

Anyway,  whatever his ancestry may be  he is a very cute kitten  and I bet he will be a stunning cat.   Congratulations on  your adoption!   

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ak47

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you: ) it's just so hard to tell the only reason I thought Bengal a little bit was because he's starting to now have spots on his back along with the stripes. Whatever he is though he is an amazing kitten, very inteligent too.

melissajoy

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
so i adopted my kitten from thw shelter here, and initially thought he was a siamese cross, however i dont think he is. Ive been looking at different breeds and hes very similar to a snow bengal, maybe mixed with something but i dont know forsure. Can anyone please helpppp :)
awwww looks like my baby being doing the same looking at different breeds my kitten is a siamese x but not sure what really she is