Snickers Again...

amysuen

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
It's been a week. :dizzy:

Snickers went to the vet again for the same urinary symptoms as last time. Again the vet thinks it's stress. It's too minor an issue to think about giving him up, but we can't afford $250 every 4-6 weeks just because he's a Psychocat.

I found this article online and it mentions Cantharis and Aconitum natural supplements. Petco has both instock (Cantharis) (Aconitum) but I wanted to see if anyone here had success with either of them, and if they could be added to food instead of water. He's on half canned half homemade food, with a tablespoon of dry next to it. Once he starts eating the dry he continues to the wet but won't start in on the wet alone. (Psychocat!) We have water on all 3 levels of the house but I never see him drink so I'm thinking that adding the supplements to the food instead of the water is a better bet.

Advice anyone? :biggrin:

josiegirl

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I used Cantharis and had tremendous success with it. I bought it in pellet form that came from a skinny blue tube. Boiron is the brand and I got it at Sprouts, a health food store. Whole Foods and vitamin stores also have it.

I dropped 3 pellets directly into her mouth and it brought down inflammation, allowing her to pee normally after a few hours. The blood disappeared, too. She needed a couple doses.

I use homeopathy frequently, both in my cats and myself.

josiegirl

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I bought UTI-Free from PetAlive and you can sprinkle this on the food. My other cat, who also once had bladder infection, was so hard to pill and this worked out great. It has a combination of homeopathic remedies.

I keep it stocked, in case I need it again. It's been a few years, however.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

amysuen

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I used Cantharis and had tremendous success with it. I bought it in pellet form that came from a skinny blue tube. Boiron is the brand and I got it at Sprouts, a health food store. Whole Foods and vitamin stores also have it.

I dropped 3 pellets directly into her mouth and it brought down inflammation, allowing her to pee normally after a few hours. The blood disappeared, too. She needed a couple doses.

I use homeopathy frequently, both in my cats and myself.
Thanks! We found the liquid and I've been putting a couple of drops on his food each meal. (It says to put in the water dish but he doesn't drink water so this way I know he's getting it) I don't know if it's helping but he hasn't had any issues yet.

I bought UTI-Free from PetAlive and you can sprinkle this on the food. My other cat, who also once had bladder infection, was so hard to pill and this worked out great. It has a combination of homeopathic remedies.

I keep it stocked, in case I need it again. It's been a few years, however.
Thanks for the info! I'll look for that too, in case he decides to start refusing the other. He's just like a picky toddler - what works one day won't work the next...