Sneezing cat.

johnson.bb

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat has started to sneeze a lot. She doesn't seem to have any other symptoms. She eats well and acts like normal except for this occasional sneezing. Has anybody else had this experience with their cat?

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi! Welcome!!
Have you had a chance to talk with your vet?
Do you live in an area with a lot of construction going on? Do you have your windows open, or conversely, closed? Did you start using candles, air fresheners, spray cleaners, a new brand of litter, a new food, a new laundry or dryer product?

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
And is the air in your home particularly dry? That can also cause sneezing, and is pretty common in the winter.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

johnson.bb

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi! Welcome!!
Have you had a chance to talk with your vet?
Do you live in an area with a lot of construction going on? Do you have your windows open, or conversely, closed? Did you start using candles, air fresheners, spray cleaners, a new brand of litter, a new food, a new laundry or dryer product?
Sorry it has taken me so long to reply. I have not made any of the changes in household or cleaning products that you listed. We have had a cold winter this year, and she and I have been closed up inside with the heat on. Sometimes the dry air inside has affected my own sinuses. Maybe she is having the same problem. She is not sneezing as much right now. She is eating normally and playing normally. I think I might have some dust in my house that I haven't found yet. You know how cats like to find little "hiding places" in the house. She might have found one that had some dust in it. I keep an eye on her all the time. If she becomes lethargic or stops eating, then I will need to find someone to help me load her in her carrier (I can't do it by myself. I have to hire someone from Rover.com to help) and take her to see the vet. Her sneezing is intermittent, so I am thinking it must be allergies.