Sneezing after Vaccinations

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Call the vet and explain what's happened. They might prescribe something over the phone.  Keep an eye on your kitty and look for other signs of an upper respiratory  infection, lethargy, loss of appetite, and congestion.

hazelgrey

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hey! just dropping by to say that you're not alone. I took my cats to the vet on Thursday, and my one girl got so so sick afterward! She could barely walk the next day and had a bit of a fever ( I thought she must have been sore). she seemed ok 24 hours later, but then today she started sneezing  constantly and rubbing her little nose. 

I feel so bad for doing this to her. For the record she's had her kitten shots a while back and I asked for the rabies vaccine only as we are moving across the border, but instead she got the whole 3 year cocktail. They are indoor kitties so in my opinion most of the shots aren't that necessary, especially if she has such a bad reaction. 

I hope your got better quickly, I'm going to call my vet tomorrow to see what they would recommend, but I also don't want to drag her in there again unnecessarily especially because it's such a stressful experience for her. 

nemmett1971

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I actually waited and the sneezing went away after a week. I gave him Claritin or Zyrtec but I found out you can NOT give a cat the liquid form. It could kill them!

ncjayhawk

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat had his rabies shot and now he is sneezing. Doesn´t seem to feel bad. Last time this happened I took him back to the vet for an antibiotic shot just to be careful. He crashed and ended up in the emergency clinic for 3 days ( 2000 dollars) I´m at a loss as to what to do. The vet really stressed him and I even use a Mobile vet. he is also diabetic. I´m having major surgery next week and really don´t want him sick.

kitty chew

Kitty chew
Adult Cat
Purraise
Just read all these posts. I have also been wondering about getting my cats vaccinated again, since they don't have contact with other cats, unless one sneezed through our cat run. My Pepe got it anyway, last year, and again now just after a stressful vet visit. So it didn't work very well. Can't be good for them. Now I have to take her back to the vet for xrays. I'm so worried another bout of flu could destroy her immune system. She sneezes so much. I wish people would look towards more natural remedies instead of flu vac. It sounds like a few of these cats had way too many meds at once in their little bodies.