Smokey the ball o'fur!

kaisersmom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I can't seem to figure out what he might be! He's such a crazy kitten! He has almost a lions mane... I can't tell if he's part Persian or just a dlh. Any ideas[emoji]10067[/emoji][emoji]10067[/emoji][emoji]10067[/emoji][emoji]10067[/emoji][emoji]10067[/emoji][emoji]10067[/emoji]

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Not Persian at all, even if Persians had a nose a 60 years ago. But maybe somewhat alike  Maine Coon. They are longhaired they too. Also these long hairs in ears are rather typical for them.

Pretty boy!

Good luck!

callista

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
DLH is the best term, yes. Blue tabby; gorgeous cat. I call them Big Floofy Cats, personally, but that is not the official name! :lol3:

The Maine Coon is a natural breed--it developed from the big, thick-furred, easygoing mousers of the colder parts of America. So of course many long-haired American cats have some of those traits, even if they were never part of the official Maine Coon breed. Think of them as being "cousins" to the breed. Looking at these cats, it's easy to see why the Maine Coon was developed as an official breed; they have a very regal, yet down-to-earth beauty.

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

kaisersmom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
DLH is the best term, yes. Blue tabby; gorgeous cat. I call them Big Floofy Cats, personally, but that is not the official name! :lol3:

The Maine Coon is a natural breed--it developed from the big, thick-furred, easygoing mousers of the colder parts of America. So of course many long-haired American cats have some of those traits, even if they were never part of the official Maine Coon breed. Think of them as being "cousins" to the breed. Looking at these cats, it's easy to see why the Maine Coon was developed as an official breed; they have a very regal, yet down-to-earth beauty.

So maybe some Maine coon in him? Or just a tabby with long hair? He's a sweetheart! I like the big floofy name lol

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

kaisersmom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Not Persian at all, even if Persians had a nose a 60 years ago. But maybe somewhat alike  Maine Coon. They are longhaired they too. Also these long hairs in ears are rather typical for them.

Pretty boy!

Good luck!
Thanks!!! He's a good baby! Takes in everything around him and has no fear!