Smelly Poops On Raw

mikeyuk

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi all, was looking for some advice having recently switched my two 6 month old bengal kittens to raw.

One kitten was having loose stools on dry/wet food, so I decided to go for raw from a company that makes it for you so I know its nutritionally complete. They have switched over fine, eat it all, plenty of energy no changes to character etc.

However, the kitty who had loose stools before, whilst they have got thicker and theres no fluid discharge now, are not completely firm and today was a bit mucousy on top and smelt reaaally bad.

Has anyone experienced smelly poops still using a raw diet? Does this happen from time to time? The poops themselves were quite crumbly inside (TMI I know but I wanted to check :/)

Any help would be great

kitty queen

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I always recommend a good probiotic when switching to raw. There is a tread on here of one from Amazon that I've used with success. I'd they have been on the raw less than a month, the PH in the stomach might still be getting used to it.
If it's a question of fiber, try using missing link. It's possible that that particular cat is just more sensitive or IBS type syndrome?
My starting point is always probiotics.

Azazel

Time spent with cats is never wasted.
Top Cat
Purraise
Have you had a fecal test done? The mucous could be a sign of an underlying issue.