Smaller food?

teejay89

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hello everyone! I've been feeding Iris 1 1/2 oz of wet food every morning and dry food during the day. Right now I am feeding her Purina Beyond grain free, and if anyone has seen the dry food it looks like triangles/hearts. Sometimes it seems like she has a hard time chewing on it, and I'm thinking its because the pieces are a little too big. Does anyone know of any dry foods that are grain free, but relatively small pieces? 

Obviously you can tell she's been eating well though 

missmimz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I suggest just taking her off dry food all together and only feeding wet food. That dry food isn't good quality anyway and frankly most of the dry food options out there are bad. Perfectly okay to leave wet food out during the day while you're gone for snacking. You can add extra water to keep it moist. 

thegreystalker

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My gal really enjoys Evolve Chicken, a kibble that is small in size and is grain free.

thegreystalker

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I think that the Rachael Ray Nutrish cat kibble also is made in small pieces.  RR produces a 'Zero Grain' recipe in chicken flavor and in salmon flavor.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

teejay89

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks everyone! I will be looking up options tonight!

thegreystalker

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Keep in mind that "Grain Free" or "Zero Grain" can be a misnomer.  Potatoes are a grain and a vegetable.  The potato starch added to kibble formulas is definitely a carbohydrate.  All rice is grain.  Again, setting aside the debate, there certainly is grain in some of the pricier cat foods.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

teejay89

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Keep in mind that "Grain Free" or "Zero Grain" can be a misnomer.  Potatoes are a grain and a vegetable.  The potato starch added to kibble formulas is definitely a carbohydrate.  All rice is grain.  Again, setting aside the debate, there certainly is grain in some of the pricier cat foods.
Thanks! I know, food is getting trickier to read now. You have to read every ingredient carefully. Every one I've gotten her that had good ingredients, the pieces have been pretty big. I'm going to do some reader has tonight on some of the food mentioned here and go from there :)