Small stray cat

oliveann

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I took in a female kitten. She looked to be around 3 months old. We have had her for 3 months and she hasn't grown. So now I'm starting to think she wasn't actually a kitten. She weighs 5 pounds and she has a very interesting face. She looks like a tabby but has black paws and pads and her nose is like a peach with black outline. She almost have a British shorthair face. She licks and cuddles all day- she is the best cat I've ever had. Any thoughts on mix? I haven't taken her to the vet yet but I wonder if they could tell how old it is?

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Hello oliveann, welcome to TCS :wavey:

Thank you for bringing her in. For a 3 month old kitten to weigh 5 pounds is pretty normal. A female cat is always smaller in size compared to the male.

For the photo, she looks like a Domestic Shorthair (DSH) Brown Tabby. Do you have photos of her back and side?

If you have more questions regarding your cat, feel free to ask and post your questions in the respective forums and also there are many good articles to read that can be found under the heading'Articles'. And do post more of her photos please.

Here's an important article for you to read :-

[article="22304"][/article]

lily paddy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi Oliveann

She is so pretty! I love her face..
 What is her name? 

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
She is a DSH Brown Mackerel Broken Striped Tabby. She is so cute [emoji]10084[/emoji]️

Reminds me of my boy when he was at that age :D

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

oliveann

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
It's hard for me to get a picture because every time she walks over to me so I'll pet her lol. Her name is Pearl Gwenevere [emoji]10084[/emoji]️ This was when we got her. I guess her face has matured some and maybe she's grown a little bit but not much

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Broken mackerel tabby, I think. Brown tabby, I also think.  I see TabbyTom thinks so too.   :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

oliveann

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks so much everyone! She has been such a blessing to our family as we lost 2 of our dogs to old age very close together. I googled the mackerel tabby and she does look like that! I found a pic that looked exactly like her

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
In the text they refer to the word  tiger as an alternative.  That is much true, mackerel tabby is an american english usage, partly by pedagogical reasons - I myself do like much this usage.    In many other languages this pattern is called for a striped cat or tigrered cat  (tigrered from tiger yes).   And tabby use as  the same as what we call for classic tabby, the "bulls-eye" tabby.   So its the classic tabby which is THE tabby in these other languages...    A maze no?   Its just the  love to the cats which we all do have together in common.  :)