Small Scratches(?) Appearing On Indoor Cat's Head

Gizmom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have made a post about this before but it is still happening and I'd like more insight..
My cat is indoor only but is very hyper at certain times during the day so I suspect when he's doing something like running up behind the plastic blinds the edges of the blinds scratch his face. Or could it be fleas and scratches himself with his claws? We applied flea medicine to him when we adopted him which was November 2016 and haven't applied anymore since. He doesn't seem to be constantly itching or scratching himself. These are all recent so he's still hairless in some of the spots. I just noticed the one by his ear and the blood seems to have dried on his fur. Is he just running into things that are sharp enough on the edge to cause those scratches or is it something else?
And how do you recommend I clean it? I've just been wiping the spots with a damp washcloth while he's asleep because I'm not able to get him to stay still when he's up and about. Should I apply anything to it? Is there any kind of neosporin for cats I could get from Petsmart or Petco?

Attachments

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I would get him to the vet for a check up and to address this. It could be flea bites or it could be an allergic reaction to food or litter. Best to have the vet run a culture to rule out anything fungal and then you can work on the rest of it.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Gizmom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I would get him to the vet for a check up and to address this. It could be flea bites or it could be an allergic reaction to food or litter. Best to have the vet run a culture to rule out anything fungal and then you can work on the rest of it.
I don't think my mom will consider it serious enough to take him to the vet and we're kind of tight on money right now but I will ask her..
I included another picture of what his ear looks like today. I wet the fur and spread it out to get a better look

Attachments

Ashley23

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Definitely need to go to the vet , could be ring worm or an allergic reaction to food/ flea bites / allergy. Open wounds can easily get infected ..

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Gizmom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Definitely need to go to the vet , could be ring worm or an allergic reaction to food/ flea bites / allergy. Open wounds can easily get infected ..
Is there anything I can do at home to prevent infection? If he absolutely needs to see a vet because of this I'll try my hardest to get him to one asap