Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Getting better.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

AnnaLeyah

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So I just noticed a little bit ago that my cat had some redness near her ear. When I checked it out it was bleeding a little bit and all bumpy. Is it fleas that are causing this? She's on advantage II, if it's fleas and the issue is getting worse I'll need to go get a prescribed medication from the vets.

I got a photo of it but it's not a great one. She doesn't like to sit still for pictures.

Attachments

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Yes, it looks like she's been scratching and it's now open and tender.

I would get her checked by the vet to see what's causing it. Treat the sores plus any underlying issues.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

AnnaLeyah

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Sarthur2 Sarthur2 Thanks for answering my thread. I'm a little bit of a worry wort when it comes to my little kitty. I think I will be taking her to the vet before anything else gets worse or happens. :) I have been trying to keep it clean, just cleaning it with q-tips to make sure it doesn't get infected!

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
It could well be that she has a flea allergy. If so, you may need to go to a prescription flea medicine. They aren't THAT much more expensive than the better otc meds. I use Comfortis for Hekitty (oral, the poor dear). As for the raw area, do you have chamomile tea? It is available at your grocery store in the coffee/tea section. Brew a cup, allow to cool, then apply with a cotton ball. It's VERY soothing for skin irritations, and can even be given internally to cats for mild anxiety in small doses.