Small Bump On Cats Chin

Aixmeinx

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I noticed a small bump on my cat Captain Jack's chin. I assume it might be acne, but I am not sure.

It feels like a small bump with a bit of scabbing. He doesn't seem too worried about it, but knowing I worry so much -- I would like a second opinion.
I cannot afford a vet at this moment, but I will take him if need be.

Some basic info:
He is 4 years old. He has a stainless steel bowl, plastic plate, and sometimes eats out of a plastic bowl (He has for 2 days now) in which he eats wet food. He has a habit of licking things or getting into things he shouldn't, but I haven't noticed him get into anything recently other than licking his brothers puke a day ago. (Nasty I know!):eek: No history of cancer or related issues. His teeth look fine and his gums are nice and pink.

I just noticed the bump today and have not done anything to it other than observe. I was wondering what the best course of action is. This is the best photo I could get while gently holding his head back.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
It actually does look very like feline acne. I checked several sources, and all of the vets indicated that it can be treated in the early stages with human acne pads, such as Stridex. Also, get rid of ALL plastic dishes and replace with stainless steel, glass or ceramic. And clean thoroughly after each use! If it gets worse, or you see no improvement, you need to have your vet take a look at this!

MarmaladeMama

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yup, looks like feline acne. My Jethro gets it regularly. I had to get rid of all plastic and unknown metal dishes and go with ceramic only. He also gets stress blemishes though, so it’s unavoidable. If it’s really bad I try to treat with benzoyl peroxide. Otherwise I just let it run it’s course.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Yup, Feline Acne.. Artie had it.. got rid of all the plastic or plastic type dishes.. went away, almost immediately...

Good Luck.

Your English is very good..
Keep posting..
Introduce yourself and your kitty..
And we LOVE pictures!!