Small Batch Frozen Food

Lbatton26

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I’m new to this site so if I’ve posted in the wrong are sorry. My cats usually eat primal frozen and radcat both brands I trust and my cats seem to love them. However for the past month and a half now the stores I would normally get it from aren’t able to get anything other than a bag of primal here and there and the store that has the radcat for some reason isn’t ordering it. So Ive pretty much been forced back to can food which I don’t like. One store sells a brand called small batch but I can’t find a lot of information about it online. Does anyone on here have any information about this brand ?

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
Welcome to The Cat Site! There’s a raw feeding subforum under Cat Nutrition so this thread will probably be redirected there at some point.

Although I make most of the girls’ food, I use some Small Batch frozen and Primal frozen to give myself a break from making food. Right now in the freezer I have Small Batch turkey sliders and duck sliders. They like the turkey but aren’t quite as excited about the duck although they’ll eat it if I put toppers on it. I haven’t tried the chicken because one of mine is on a no-chicken diet right now.

I also use the Small Batch blends—turkey and rabbit—which come in two-pound chubs. There are some with veggies for dogs, but the ones I buy are ground meat, bone, organs only. I then add my own supplements. They like those better than the sliders, but, of course, there’s more labor involved because of thawing, adding supplements, mixing, and then refreezing in meal-sized portions.

lalagimp

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When I'm out of my mix and the timing to get more made doesn't pan out, I used to get the Nature's Variety raw medallions. Then they went through changes in packaging, availability, etc. So we've been using the Small Batch chicken when we're in the middle of chaos. They're 5x calories per slider, and that's what I aim for in my regular feeding. They hated SB duck.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Lbatton26

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Welcome to The Cat Site! There’s a raw feeding subforum under Cat Nutrition so this thread will probably be redirected there at some point.

Although I make most of the girls’ food, I use some Small Batch frozen and Primal frozen to give myself a break from making food. Right now in the freezer I have Small Batch turkey sliders and duck sliders. They like the turkey but aren’t quite as excited about the duck although they’ll eat it if I put toppers on it. I haven’t tried the chicken because one of mine is on a no-chicken diet right now.

I also use the Small Batch blends—turkey and rabbit—which come in two-pound chubs. There are some with veggies for dogs, but the ones I buy are ground meat, bone, organs only. I then add my own supplements. They like those better than the sliders, but, of course, there’s more labor involved because of thawing, adding supplements, mixing, and then refreezing in meal-sized portions.

Thanks for the information. I think I’m going to give the small batch a try and see if my kitties like it. I was just weary since I couldn’t find much online about them and I never choose a brand based only on their website. I really appreciate the input thanks. I’ve given some thought to making their food myself but I get nervous that I’ll mess it up plus we travel a lot so it might make it more difficult

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Lbatton26

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you all for the information I think I’m going to pick some up and see if my kitties like it.

maureen brad

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I’m new to this site so if I’ve posted in the wrong are sorry. My cats usually eat primal frozen and radcat both brands I trust and my cats seem to love them. However for the past month and a half now the stores I would normally get it from aren’t able to get anything other than a bag of primal here and there and the store that has the radcat for some reason isn’t ordering it. So Ive pretty much been forced back to can food which I don’t like. One store sells a brand called small batch but I can’t find a lot of information about it online. Does anyone on here have any information about this brand ?
My cats LOVE Small batch, so, I love it too! Quality food, comes in chubs that I just thaw and add supplements to. Try it. I wish Rad Cat was still at my store . I always get a 50% off discount there and it was so handy. The small batch is not there , it is at a store that is not close by. I try to go there every other month around the same time I get a delivery from Hare Today.I haven't gone there since December. I have been sick the past 7 months and, my poor cats have had to suffer without Small Batch. I am going to go stock up this week. Extra freezers come in so handy.