Slow Loss Of Rear Legs Only

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Katiekat412

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi All,

I just wanted to say thank you, and I'm so grateful for such a wonderful forum. Having all of the info really helped- I need to know they why! But despite all of the tests, all I conclude was that she was mildly anemic, but in liver failure. I should add, when her liver values were flying off of the charts a couple of years ago, it was possibly small cell lymphoma (her treatment wouldn't change so I didn't subject her to exploratory surgery. She had several ultrasounds, etc).

Her legs never improved. I gave her a compounded iron supplement. I had to put her down on 10/23. It broke my heart. She had to use potty pads, but in the last day couldn't even get up to use those ( I placed in several areas). I helped her to them a few times and held her up the last day while she still ate like a champ. But when she would go potty she would cry. She looked like pet cemetery cat. She was comfortable, on a heating pad on a comforter, but she was only holding on for me. In fact, at some point in the last night she somehow gathered the strength to drag herself to the couch where I was sleeping, and yell for me to pick her up. In the morning she wanted to be left alone, however.

I know it sounds crazy, but when I came home from the grocery store with a rotisserie chicken, her favorite, I swear I saw her standing there for a minute.

In any case, I wrote this to say, she beat all of the odds. Small Cell lymphoma? Lived with it for three years. Mammary cancer? 1.5 years. I could go on. But she was the definition of a fighter. She will be greatly missed. Thank you for recognizing how much she was my family, and for all of your help.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I am so sorry to hear your little tough cat has gone. You two loved each other greatly :redheartpump:
RIP sweetheart, you are now in a place where there is only sunshine and peace. :rbheart: