Slippery elm bark syrup

tinnly

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My 18 y/o DSH ate two servings of food mixed with a crude gruel of SEB, but now won't have anything to do with it. There's lots of mention of using a syrup, however I'm not sure what I've made is what I'm looking for.

What I've made has the consistency of egg white, maybe a bit thinner but if I try to pull out a tablespoon of it, I don't get very much because like egg yolk it wants to stay in the bowl.

Its almost like the powder doesn't dissolve in the water, no matter how much water I use. I've tried letting the powder mix into the cold water on its own, and I've tried stirring. I've done this with high heat, and gradually coming to a boil stirring all the while. In all cases I end up with a ring of dried powder on the pot.

Can someone post or point me to a quality photo of what this stuff is supposed to look like as a syrup? Here's 2mL of mine on a piece of waxed paper:

missmimz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Looks totally normal to me. You want the syrup to be a bit thick, like egg yolks. My older cat wont eat it mixed in food, i syringe him 1/2 a tsp before meals.