Slightly Off Behavior But Mostly Normal?

lindsey.design

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi all-
My 11 year old cat went through a bout of vomiting once a day from 4/19- 4/23. We went to the vet and he ruled out anything after checking her bloodwork from September (everything was great), palpating her belly, and a once over in the mouth, etc. Vomiting has stopped (I think she was eating too fast). But she is still a little "off" to me.

She normally sleeps with me every night and the past several, its been a chore to get her on the bed, minus one night where she was completely normal (cuddles, biscuits and hair licking). She also is normally napping on the bed but now, she doesn't seem to want to. She also is having times where she runs to the end of the bed like she sees something that isn't there in the night. Last night she just sat on the bed staring at me and wouldn't lay down but did let me pet her and turned her head into my hand. When she did lay down, she was butted against me and had two or three big time twitches, enough to startle me and wonder what the heck it was. She eventually settled and slept a few hours with me and then moved off the bed. She was normal this morning and helped me make coffee as always, was sitting in a cat tower listening to birds, etc. She's eating good (raw in the mornings, canned at night), no litterbox problems, no third eyelid showing, etc. It's just enough to worry me but we were just at the vet.

Am I just crazy? I tend to overreact to a lot and suffer from anxiety. My boyfriend says she's fine minus being less apt to sleep with me but it is getting warmer here in Texas. The weird twitching concerns me and the overall less lovey attitude. She still comes to greet me and wants to be brushed, let's me hold her, comes out from "her" room.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Veteran
Purraise
Hi!
It's challenging when you, who are sensitive to your kitty, detect small things that others miss or simply don't see, not for lack of love but because you're in tune to a greater degree.

I think see if you maybe can get a video of the twitching, and I was wondering if there was a change of the batch of raw? In other words was there anything like that which changed back at the start of this? Is your cat indoor/outdoor? Did she ingest something, like a plant or cleaning solution even, indoors? Anything?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lindsey.design

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi!
It's challenging when you, who are sensitive to your kitty, detect small things that others miss or simply don't see, not for lack of love but because you're in tune to a greater degree.

I think see if you maybe can get a video of the twitching, and I was wondering if there was a change of the batch of raw? In other words was there anything like that which changed back at the start of this? Is your cat indoor/outdoor? Did she ingest something, like a plant or cleaning solution even, indoors? Anything?
She is an indoor cat. I'm using the same raw as I have been (Stella and chewys dehydrated). We rotate between duck, chicken, and chicken and salmon currently. I have 2 others cats eating the same food too- Her 11 year old brother and an 8 year old from a previous relationship. One started to get a little possessive and I caught him hissing at the others- he is now fed in a separate room so there is no competition. The twitching was definitely something I haven't seen before. She's always been sensitive and will get a twitchy back at times, even since she was young. Nothing else has changed as far as cleaning supplies, no plants. My boyfriend did move in with a dog but that has been several months now. I was worried about it but we keep that dog well confined when the cats are out. These changes have been recent, starting with the vomiting on 4/19 so it hasn't even been 2 weeks yet.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Veteran
Purraise
Try some music, (in case it's sort of a delayed reaction from your bf and the dog moving in and even if not it will help), there's MusicForCats . com, there's an app called Relax My Cat, and even low volume classical harp music is known to help cats :)

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I wonder if this is related to her age. She's now considered "geriatric," and some behavioral changes can occur with aging. My own cat went from NOT sleeping with me to being first in the bed and SQUALLING for me to come join her. Did you talk with the vet about aging? It may be time to have that conversation.

Health Concerns In Aging Cats

We just had our first "Senior Wellness Check," including a BUNCH of blood work that probably wasn't absolutely necessary, but I wanted a good baseline on file in case we needed it for reference later on!

lindsey.design

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I wonder if this is related to her age. She's now considered "geriatric," and some behavioral changes can occur with aging. My own cat went from NOT sleeping with me to being first in the bed and SQUALLING for me to come join her. Did you talk with the vet about aging? It may be time to have that conversation.

Health Concerns In Aging Cats

We just had our first "Senior Wellness Check," including a BUNCH of blood work that probably wasn't absolutely necessary, but I wanted a good baseline on file in case we needed it for reference later on!
That's why I had bloodwork done in September! They were 10 then and I wanted to know ahead of time if any markers were leaning one way or another (they weren't yet thank goodness). If she is odd again tonight, I do think Ill give him a call. Of course Ive built up all these elaborate things in my head which isnt helping me.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
We ALL do that, and good job on getting a healthy baseline workup done! It's probably just you worrying about your baby, combined with "I'm NOT a kiten anymore," but we fret, don't we?

lindsey.design

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
We ALL do that, and good job on getting a healthy baseline workup done! It's probably just you worrying about your baby, combined with "I'm NOT a kiten anymore," but we fret, don't we?
'
We do...they have been with me through college, marriage, a nasty unexpected divorce, etc. They are my everything in life right now!