Slightly Discoloured Tongue

Minxrat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Morning. My Poppy (one year old next Sunday!) likes to drink water from my fingers. I noticed yesterday that the back of her tongue seems a bit grey. Panic stations!!! She drinks a fair bit of water but I put this down to her preferring dry food over wet. She has a good appetite. She has had bad breath since she was a little kitten (as does Milo). We have the vets on Wednesday for nail cutting so I will ask then but any ideas in the meantime? Google is not my friend on this!

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I just did a quick Google search, and didn't find anything helpful either. Google is a great source of information, but sometimes it just adds to our worries.

At least the timing works with your vet appointment. Maybe you could give the vet a quick call today or tomorrow and tell them about it, just so they know you'll be bringing it up on Wednesday.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Minxrat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thank you for your reply. I mentioned it when I made the nail appointment and the nurse wasn’t phased, which is good. Almost laughed at me!

Poor Poppy has suffered having my phone light shone on her whilst I feed her water! I’m not sure if I’m imagining it so I’ve got to get her seen for my own sanity.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
It's hard being a kitty "parent", isn't it. Especially for us worriers. Fingers crossed, it's nothing. :crossfingers: :heartshape:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Minxrat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I’m pleased to say that there’s nothing wrong with her ❤

However she’s fat so on a diet....win some, lose some.....

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Glad it was nothing. :) Now onto the fun of having dieting cat. Good luck. :crossfingers: